cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud return

I sold an item to a buyer in brand new condition after opening it they claimed it was damaged and took out a return claim on me now I cannot resale the item and will lose funds what should I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Fraud return

Either accept the return and send them a label or send them a refund if you don't want the item back.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Fraud return

That's the problem with Brand New items. Buyer has the right for inspection

You can't do anything, just take the return. If you want the item back, issue a label and get it back. After you receive the item, you have 48 hours of inspection. If damage is done while in Buyers possession and you can prove it, you might be allegeable to get up to %50 of listed value

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Fraud return

Hi, what you've encountered is an ongoing problem related to selling items online that goes back decades. eBay isn't going to do anything, but there are a few things you could do, starting with reporting the buyer to the proper authorities.

I would suggest starting by searching this forum using keywords like "scam buyer" - you'll find over 30,000 posts for that phrase alone:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q...

There's no perfect way to handle this situation - almost every seller here will tell you something a little bit different than the next, but if you do some research on how others have handled these situations in the past, it will probably give you a good idea on how you'd like to proceed. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: