cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer returned bag of poo poo instead of necklace

So I have a wild one. I tried to call eBay but it seems like there’s no way to talk to a person. I sold a (inexpensive but nice) gold plated necklace —I actually wear the necklace myself so I know it’s very reliable and long lasting— in the category for “men’s jewelry”. And a few days (four) days after delivery the buyer send me an irate message saying that after she put it on her DOG, after a few days, it was already dirty and left a ring of dirt around her animals neck. Obviously my first concern was that the buyer wasn’t using the item as intended. But I noticed that this particular buyer leaves a huge amount of negative feedback, 40% negative for sellers. So I wasn’t sure if reasoning with her would help prevent negative feedback. I just accepted the return and sent her a label without saying anything.

So her item arrived on Saturday at 5pm to our courier , who usually forwards my mail in two days, which would leave me a whole week to inspect the item and issue the refund. But before I can get the package buyer starts blasting my email demanding a refund... the situation seemed strange, so I actually called the couriers store and asked her to open the package and send me a picture. And to my surprise and the courier, this buyer has sent a plastic poo poo bag full with her dogs feces tied up in a knot. No necklace, just a bag of canine feces in a plastic bag.

Im not sure what to do. What is this buyer trying to accomplish? I’ve been on eBay for 8 years and have never experienced anything close to this.

A horrible biohazard. I almost think I should go to the police.

what should I do? I don’t know how to contact eBay to explain what is happening. They turned off their 800 number. I’d like to speak to eBay directly about this one.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Buyer returned bag of poo poo instead of necklace

Oh sir. It happened. The dog wearing the necklace. The poo poo in the bag. The crazy unprovoked messages. All of this was captured on eBay messaging. I just decided the extra time should be reserved for the good customers, particularly since it has been so hard to speak to eBay. But thanks for voicing your opinion. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

"ring of dirt around dogs neck..." lol... as if her dog was bald, and as if you sent a magic dirt magnet necklace...since you know where they live, go on their towns craigslist ads, post an ad for free scrap metal, and free fire wood, at their adress, and leave pick up dates, show pictures of piles of scrap metal, and fire wood, and theyll never be able to get rid of the plague of  red necks showin up to get a truck load of freebies...lol...

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

lol, go to the police??? really, you just said that? cops dont care if they come to my place and steal a truck, and beat me up, yet your cops will go find some one from another state, and arrest them for sending you a bag of poo? lol... dont tell me there isnt a divide between the privileged, and under privileged...lol! just the differences is perspective is enough proof to me theres an elite class and a pleebian auto failed class of us , thats how society is being structured...

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

lol... you all and your ivory tower perspectives is killin me here... you think the cops will actually get involved??? its a federal issue,you need to involve your local post master, and the feds, and you can only do that if your local post master wants to deal with the oaper work hassle involved jurisdictionally, in pursuing punishment of an offender from another state... they dont care if its poo,or dirty money being sent, they only care if there is money to be made by persecuting... its funny that people still believe that government, and police is there to protect us...even funnier that they think the local sherriff has jurisdictional interests on national, or international affairs reguarding harmless pranks... yes it was bad, yes it was illegal, but its  very minimal compared to the amount of terrorism going on in the world today, they would have to prove that this crazy person terrorized , and actually harmed 9 people, before it became even a local concern...

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

cops wont fo anything, unless your local post master wants to take it to a national level... you need to go to your local postmaster, and as for help, this is a federal issue, as it is over state lines... only the state police in your state can assist you or advise you... you need to report this to the federal commerce department, its an o.t.r., federal air transport violation to ship non certified, non contained biohazard material through public expedited  federal services... dhl, ups, and fedex are included included as federally governed expedited services...if it was international,now its a customs deal, and they are in deep trouble there...but it will take a long time,and a lot of red tape involved to get any where with it, so be patient... iether way, ebay doesnt care, ebay is unreachable, ebay is run by people who dont care what happens to us,they only want our fees...they wouldnt care if some one sent you a bomb, and it blew your house up, we arent safe under them, no need to be fooled into thinking we are...in the mean time, youd probably have better luck, and quicker expedition of process if you attained permits for transport of live cobras, and sent the poo buyer a basket of live attack cobras😂😆😆

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

its federal, its over state lines, and was sent through the p.o. ... local cops wont even advise you in the matter... need to go to yoir local post master, or expedited services director... whom ever transported the poo is whom should be filing against the assailant,as thats where the lie began... this is bigger than a small local case, its federal...and they will prosecute, as this was more a hazard to federal transport vehichles, and employees, than it was an attack on an individual... no one cares if we as individuaks get attacked, but they jump into full action as soon as you involve companies, and interest groups...

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

send me their adress, ill have every red neck in their state showin up on their property, to squat, or lurk around for the next year, like  eddy in national lampoons movies...lol...

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

its federal, you need to go to the mode of transport, i.e. p.o., ups, fedex, ask for assistance through them, cops wont help, only state police,through a court injunction can help... this was an act of terrorism, and is a federal crime, not of local, or even county interest... local and sherriffs only care if it affects property value in their juridiction... states are under trafficking,and national warrant expedition... the lie started at the place that transported it to your doorstep, they should be very interested in pursuing biohazard terrorism... it falls under strict violation of the home land security act, and purgery...thats federal...that will not be taken lightly because it involves potential spread, potential harm to federal facilities, and employees, its aterrorist attack against any companies used to transport the biohazard as well...thats really the only leg you have to stand on in the matter...

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

lol... dont even bother involving fleabay, they only want your fees money,they dont care if the guy sent you an atom bomb or nuclear waste other wise...ebay would only miss your fees, and they dont seem to care there iether, if they lose us as sellers, its just a meat grinder , comoletely dehumanized... dont be fooled by words, its so sad how words, and empty promises have such influence in the world now, actionsmean basically nuthing any more...the only thing ebay would punish them for would be words, as that could affect ebays liability, should the notion ever arise tgat they allowed some one to be in danger from said words...that is all that ebay is actually liable for, or interested in protecting...

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Most police agencies won't do a report as this is a civil matter.

---
Bolt with his head stuck"Turn and pull, just turn and pull, you'll be outta there in no time."
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@diamond_desire wrote:

Oh sir. It happened. The dog wearing the necklace. The poo poo in the bag. The crazy unprovoked messages. All of this was captured on eBay messaging. I just decided the extra time should be reserved for the good customers, particularly since it has been so hard to speak to eBay. But thanks for voicing your opinion. 

I call dog poo, based on the simple fact that couriers can't legally open your mail.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

U.S. Postal Inspectors.

She could face both state and federal charges.

An act of terrorism.

Children have been arrested for doing the exact same thing.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

I wouldn’t bother with eBay or the police. Who you need to be talking to is the postmaster at your local P.O.. Using the postal service to send a biohazard is a Federal offense. What if a child had opened that package? No way would I let her get away with such a terrible action. She sounds unhinged at the very least.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Actually after some reflection I would report it to eBay. This is a she said/she said situation so they won’t do anything about it but if she does this to other sellers it will be on record what a horrible person she is. They will not accept photos as those can be faked.  Maybe at some point they will deal with her. I still really believe your postmaster should be involved...really!!

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Last time I dropped a hand written letter to ebay, it was returned to me as "refused". Go figure. They must have a secret address for mail they will accept. 

Message 30 of 30
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: