cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I getting a full refund from eBay, or is the seller refunding me after shipping?

eBay decided my case, and told me to ship the item back for a refund with the shipping label they provided. Me and the seller never came to a firm refund price. I just have a range of 15% to 50% depending on the condition of the item. Is this eBay refunding me or the seller refunding me? Is this a full refund?

Is there any means of getting in touch with eBay, through a number, to figure out how much of a refund I will be getting?

ebayDecision.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Am I getting a full refund from eBay, or is the seller refunding me after shipping?

That isn't enough information to say.

What was the reason chosen on the return?

Did the seller try to stall you out?

Is the seller TRS?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Am I getting a full refund from eBay, or is the seller refunding me after shipping?

I put down did not like it, and went into it with the seller about the product not meeting quality standards. I offered to do any tests of the networking switch needed and would include any desired photos; they claimed me updating the firmware was a reason to give a lower refund; they offered between 15% to 50% refund depending on the condition of the item initially, and stopped responding when I asked for a firm refund price. About a day went by before I contacted eBay. The seller is TRS. 

I guess I have to go through paypal, or initiate a chargeback, as I do not know the refund offered.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Just appealed eBays decision with additional details, and asked for details on how much the refund amount is, and who is giving it. Depending on the actual percentage of the refund I'll either go the PayPal route, or issue a chargeback.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@sealclubberr wrote:

eBay decided my case, and told me to ship the item back for a refund with the shipping label they provided.

Is this eBay refunding me or the seller refunding me? Is this a full refund?

ebayDecision.png

eBay words it very carefully: "We'll send a refund when tracking shows the item is delivered." eBay will force a full 100% refund a few moments after return tracking says delivered back to the seller.

Because eBay decided my case, and told me to ship the item back for a refund with the shipping label they provided, the seller will have no time to examine the return. And eBay does not share the tracking number with the seller, to prevent the seller from preventing the delivery.

3kudfvahpudhggighgpfiubfnapudsgpauadspfguidak3.jpg

But if the return delivery is somehow blocked or thwarted anyway, you @sealclubberr would club the seal on Facebook here, to ask eBay to step in and force the refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: