cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the return policy if buyer a liar ebay couldn't protect the seller

Hi all,

Last year my working company went bankrupt and the owner disappeared, leaving 6 months unpaid wages and some merchandise in partner's warehouse. Luckily, the warehouse owner let us sell the good and share the incoming to compensate each other.

The goods are some drones and electric surfing boards. We know it's high value products, but on ebay, we couldn't provide further support to them having to clearance sales.

At beginning, we sold them as very low price and everything seemed good. One day, a buyer bid and won at last. He didn't pay and asked for more sets. We told him we don't have enough battery that's why we sold one sets including battery and give customer an extra sets WITHOUT battery as spare bonus. Finally he requested another set with a fixed battery, shipping with the order he bid together. But we told him it's over high for the pallet, we may have to cancel the free gift drones, insteading more discount on the third sets for him. And promised we could give more discount once he placing the drone seperately.

One more thing is that we mistook him as another customer before. He asked us the price for SCRAP battery but complained expensive. We gave him a SCRAP battery for free. 

Until the truck came to picking up, he didn't say anything.

But after he receiving the pallet, he began to claim that he asked for 3 good batteries. We told him we no longer having good one and offered him returned the third sets. Also, we could provide him 2 sets of drone, to make the deal as him bid. He insisted on the other good battery and until the last day of 30 days, He claimed a return from system. 

For my opinion, first of all, he changed the game rule and played two-faces which is out of ebay. And then using the returning loopholes. Secondly, as I post, I have to say the eBay Money Back Guarantee policy only protecting the buyer messing. There's no why to protect the sellers.

I talked to customer support that I paid over 1000$ shipping at begining, and I couldn't afford another 1000$ return shipping. And I had concern that customer used them and we couldn't sell it again with a similar price. Even if I booked a picking-up, but if the buyer won't release it, who can take the extra booking change fee. But the customer support didn't give an answer just let me discuss with the buyer. The only option for me is accepting the returning anyway.

And after the setting day, customer support said I didn't take any action so they let buyer keep my goods and charge me over $4000 without any other reason.

I want to claim. But they already closed the case. I even couldn't find a customer service.

So disappoint to the ebay.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Appeal the outcome of a case as a seller | eBay

krazzykats_0-1709315337748.png

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your answer. But I'm sorry for the way your High Value Claims Management Team processed. I supposed you could be a bridge to deal with the conversation between both sides, and take investigation to make decision. Or as a notary public, your could witness and urge both sides under control. But you just said I didn't agree or let buyer return, and you make final decision to focus it refund and let he keep the goods. Now you send message to me asking for charging 4599$. What a shame.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

When you don't accept the return and provide return shipping, that's usually they way the MBG works.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

a buyer bid…He didn't pay and asked for more sets.
You were being asked for more than the listing said— and by a Non Paying bidder?

He asked us the price for SCRAP battery but complained expensive. We gave him a SCRAP battery for free. 
For a Non Paying bidder.
But after he receiving the pallet, he began to claim that he asked for 3 good batteries.
Had he paid yet?
Was your discussion in eBay Messages, or phone calls?

Until the truck came to picking up, he didn't say anything.
What truck? Did he arrange his own shipping?

He claimed a return from system. ...
The only option for me is accepting the returning anyway.
Yes.
If you do not provide return shipping, eBay will allow the customer to keep the goods.
The reason is that sometimes the seller does not want the goods back (eg -broken glass or pottery)

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

And finally, the buyer set you up to be scammed.
You allowed him to play you.
Then you refused to accept the return or to make the refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: