cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About item refund

Hello everyone, and happy new year

now i sold an item and it is delayed in shipping, buyer make a complaint of not receiving the item , i answered his request that the item on its way and apologized for this delay and update tracking and gave him a delivery date within 5 days , after 2 days he asked ebay to step in and ebay refunded him total refund !! 
now i want to know what can i do as the item will be delivered to the buyer? And how can i get back my item ? And what is the guarantees now
and also want to know in refund cases , did ebay deduct transactions fee from me?

thanks all 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

About item refund

Besides this issue, it looks like you sold this necklace twice.

Am dazzled by eBay's willingness to allow a new seller to list such an expensive item.  Not to mention the fact that your other sales have mostly been low-dollar kitchen items.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

When the buyer opened the Not Received case, did you upload the tracking number into the case?

If you had and eBay saw that the item was moving through the postal system you would not have lost.

At this point you can contact the shipping company and try to have the item intercepted. This will cost you a fee and may or may not work.

If eBay steps in on a case you get a big defect on your account and lose all fee. 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

yes , i had 2 necklaces and didn’t know why ebay not allowed me to list both , so after one sold i list the other

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

Yes i upload the tracking before the buyer open not received case , and also after he asked ebay to step in , I updated the tracking which showing him it is about 3 days to be delivered!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

There is no way to put in tracking to a case until it is opened.

You needed to put the tracking number into the case that was opened.

Not just send it to the buyer.

I am assuming you did not put it in the "case" -

If you had eBay would not have closed in the buyers favor.

Your only recourse at this point is to try to get the package intercepted and returned to you.

Try this now!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

I tried hardly to make it intercepted but no way , now it will be delivered by the buyer and really need to know what the second step after it wa delivered?

can i ask the buyer to return it to me or what ?

and if the buyer decided that he want it , can he pay for me again or what ?

please i really need answers as it a high value product and didn’t know what to do 😢😢😢

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

eBay won't get involved if the buyer receives the item after they have  already been refunded.  You can ask the buyer to either send the item back (you would have to pay for return shipping) or ask them to repay you for the item.  Unfortunately, there is no way to force the buyer to do either of those things but the majority of buyers are honest and want to help.  If they are willing to repay you will need to give them a way to repay you such as through a Paypal account.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

"gave him a delivery date within 5 days"...I would never say that to a buyer.

Sounds like buyer opened a claim against you and you probably said that to buyer.

Buyer escalated case with eBay and eBay refunded buyer plus keeps the item...gonna assume "seller does not take returns(you)".

If tracking was uploaded in the open claim and eBay saw item was in route nothing would have ended as such as it did.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

Curious, I see no necklaces sold. How are you able to see that?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

That's odd. I see them there in the sold along with all the other drop shipped items.

Windows  10   PC   Edge.

(if phone, not sure what you will see)

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

I can’t understand you , and what is the problem in saying this to buyer ? And even if it is wrong , but it is not a crime. !

Every thing i did was in good faith, And for sure tracking shows that the item in route towards buyer and this what I can’t understand till now , Why they took this action ?

i messaged them and said that please wait until buyer receives item and then if he didn’t want it let him making return and refund and if he still want it i will make a great discount for this late , i thought this is fair for all , but didn’t know why they act like that , now i have an item cost me more than 2000$ and didn’t know what is its destination?!!😢😢

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

This is a USA platform where we understand shipping in the USA.

I don't know how fast shipping in Egypt is in Egypt or to other countries ...but most of the USA sellers would not say that.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

and to further complicate things..........   the item shows shipping from Japan

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

About item refund

On my computer I see no necklaces sold. Really odd.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: