cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, May 2nd from 12:30 PDT - Retail Revival & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community! 

Join us here tomorrow from 12:30 PDT for a live video broadcast and chat hour.

We'll kick off at 12:30 PDT with a live video broadcast where we'll chat about our Retail Revival program. 

From 1-2pm, we'll have a general topics chat hour. Join The Community Team to ask your eBay buying & selling questions. 

See you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Live Broadcast & Community Chat, May 2nd from 12:30 PDT - Retail Revival & General Topics

Thanks for joining us today. We've closed the thread as the hour is up! We'll be back same time next week. Keep an eye out for the topic closer to the time.

Have an awesome rest of the week!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Another general question.

Why have collections been removed from eBay.com?

The help page about collections still says they are available, and gives instructions for using them, but none of these instructions work any more. 

Create and view collections

There are no "Add to collection" links or buttons on listing pages any more.

It has not been possible to create any new collections for months. I tried to create a new collection for my 2018 purchases several months ago. Although it appeared to create the collection, and at that time I was able to go through the motions to add items to it, I was never able to access the collection itself so it was useless.

At that time, I was still able to add items to other collections, but now even that doesn't work any more. For a while it was still possible to add fixed price items to collections but not auctions, now you can't add anything to a collection.

Collections are a very useful way to maintain records, they used to be more reliable than the Purchase History, which has had several long-term and poorly-responded-to glitches, as well as never accurately showing the price of international items. Also, many buyers used Collections to organize items that they were considering purchasing. They are more functional and effective than the watch list, or other lists.

I have asked about this before, going back at least a year IIRC, and I have been told that alan@ebay and other blues are contacting the team involved and will get back to me with the response. But, you have never shared any information or response, just the promises.

Collections are very useful. Please bring them back. If they are not going to be available, then at least acknowledge that, make an announcement, and remove the help pages that say they are available.

Hi @lacemaker3 - I wanted to let you know we've heard back from the Collections team and they have advised that they're currently consolidating features, and that you'll soon be able to organize and group things in similar way to collections from within a Watch list. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 47 of 47
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: