cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Sept 20th @ 2pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

We will be holding a special eBay for Business Facebook broadcast this week from 1pm to 2pm, so we've adjusted our chat time so that you are free to watch. This broadcast will be focused on our 2017 Fall Seller Update and will have Brian Burke and some of our staff experts in attendance. Be sure to check it out and then join us from 2pm to 3pm to discuss general topics with Community Staff.

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtexley3 wrote:

I have a question about FedEx SmartPost.  A lot of sellers hate it, I've had excellent results with it and I ship porcelain with VERY little issues.  However, I can't ship to PO Boxes.  Now FedEx SmartPost uses FedEx to ship the item to the nearest Post Office and then USPS completes the delivery.  Why would that exclude PO Boxes??????   I can understand it for straight FedEx but not SmartPost.

Just for clarity I have the shipping option set to Economy because I do compare to see what's the least expensive for the buyer.  But all the options use USPS for the final delivery.

Not sure why this wouldn't be an option. I recommend reaching out to FedEx about this shipping service to see if they can elaborate!

Message 91 of 94
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
A question related to the Update. Per the Update, if I offer Free Return Shipping, and a buyer sends back an item (non-INAD) and the item arrives missing parts or otherwise different, I can issue a partial refund on my own initiative, as long as it is not less than 50% of the item price. So far, so good.

If I do that, and the buyer objects to the partial refund amount, the Return Team seems to be saying that I need not be concerned about a buyer appeal. But I can't get a clear answer on this. Buyers can appeal, that seems clear, but what happens next, is fuzzy. Does this become a matter between ebay and the buyer, with the seller in the clear because he's issued the partial? Or can the seller be in trouble if ebay finds for the buyer?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - If you offer free returns and you receive something back that is damaged or missing parts, you can deduct up to 50% of the item price for the refund. That is a protection we are offering you for doing free returns which would mean you wouldn't be responsible for any buyer appeal.

Message 92 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llllady wrote:

@carlmarxx wrote:

I had buyers that didn't update  their mailing address's ,I would find out in the tracking  about failed delivery by carriers .  I said on phone to the CSR  that I don't get paid to verfied the buyers address , it is ebays job to make buyer update their  info. I have said same thing to Paypal rep.'s as well  . 

You know what's sad?  Not once, but twice, I advised the buyer that she needed to update her address on eBay and PayPal.  You know what the payback was?  She opened a new account, circumvented the BBL I put her on, repurchased the items and used the same address. I was forced to cancel. Nothing was done to her for anything she did wrong, and now I am afraid to relist the item for fear of her opening yet a third account.  And eBay turns a blind eye.  Yeah, they have the back of sellers.  Sure.

If a buyer circumvents your blocks we have processes in place to protect you. Additionally, we can take corrective action on the buyer to either warn them or place restrictions depending on the level of abuse we find. Report this to us and we can take a closer look!

Message 93 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@woadieland wrote:

Could someone check why the bulk editor is not editing. I was doing search and replace and the phrase I needed to replace was never changed. (I did about 400 before I checkes. 

I'm very discouraged and was trying to comply with the "no outside links"  policy since I can't afford to put SSL on just a domain name that's redirected to ebay and couldn't get the Bulk Editor to remove my domain and replace it with the url for my ebay store page

Hi @woadieland - This is something we'd suggest contacting customer service about. We aren't able to access your account here on Community and so they would be better equipped to troubleshoot and report to the tech team as needed.

Message 94 of 94
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: