cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 4 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

velvet@ebay wrote:

@carlqsportscards wrote:

Lately when I click on ship your next item, it sometimes goes to one that I've already purchased a label for.

Hi @carlqsportscards! I do see a recent issue surrounding bulk shipping pages showing old orders that they have already shipped out. Is that what you're experiencing? Are they bulk shipping labels or individual?

Individual.

It's always gone to a random one instead of the "next" one, but at least it had been one that needed to go out still.

-----

Edit: A reply to your response can be found here

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

I agree. In addition, not all sellers consult the community boards at all. There is still information circulating that does not take into account and is still hesistant to believe Velvet's answer. The most effective way to communicate this information would be to first update the terms to make it very clear what the confusing part is referring to and second to send this by email to all seller accounts.

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

I have a question about site issues that have been assigned a ticket number.

Several posters have conveyed info they got from CS where CS told them if people stop reporting an issue then eBay will assume it's resolved and close the ticket, so they encourage sellers to report the same issue multiple times.

Off hand I don't have a specific post to point to, but this has come up several times the past few years where the info from posters about what CS said is consistent.

Can you confirm if there is truth in this CS advice?

To add a more direct question, if I contacted CS and got my account added to an open ticket from the pinned post on the tech board, and that issue is still happening months later, should I be contacting CS again to report it's still unresolved (and should I be advising others to do the same)?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@carlqsportscards wrote:

Lately when I click on ship your next item, it sometimes goes to one that I've already purchased a label for.

Hi @carlqsportscards! I do see a recent issue surrounding bulk shipping pages showing old orders that they have already shipped out. Is that what you're experiencing? Are they bulk shipping labels or individual?

Individual.

It's always gone to a random one instead of the "next" one, but at least it had been one that needed to go out still.

Ok thanks! It sounds related. Are the sales awaiting labels in your account ones you experienced this with? If so, I'd like to add them to the report. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 19 of 38
latest reply

Hi, 

I'm having a problem on the app uploading pictures. It will show that I uploaded all the pictures, but then when I re-open the draft, only the first picture I uploaded is actually there in the draft. 

Is this a known problem? Ive been having this issue for a week. I've never had this problem before, its getting very frustrating.

-----

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Several posters have conveyed info they got from CS where CS told them if people stop reporting an issue then eBay will assume it's resolved and close the ticket, so they encourage sellers to report the same issue multiple times.

Off hand I don't have a specific post to point to, but this has come up several times the past few years where the info from posters about what CS said is consistent.

To add a more direct question, if I contacted CS and got my account added to an open ticket from the pinned post on the tech board, and that issue is still happening months later, should I be contacting CS again to report it's still unresolved (and should I be advising others to do the same)?

It's a great question @wastingtime101 when we roll out fixes and for some reason yours is still unresolved then it's best to report it again. If you don't want to call you can always reach out on our social channels to let them know you're still running into it. The more examples the tech team gets with accounts still running into it. the faster they can resolve it. Also sometimes when they roll out a fix you just need to clear your cache and cookies for it to take effect. If you do that and it's still not working I would for sure report it. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

It's a great question @wastingtime101 when we roll out fixes and for some reason yours is still unresolved then it's best to report it again. If you don't want to call you can always reach out on our social channels to let them know you're still running into it. The more examples the tech team gets with accounts still running into it. the faster they can resolve it. Also sometimes when they roll out a fix you just need to clear your cache and cookies for it to take effect. If you do that and it's still not working I would for sure report it. 

The issue has not been updated on that thread as being fixed. So are we supposed to keep reporting the issue to CS as unresolved? If so, how often do we need to report the same issue?

-----

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 22 of 38
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

The issue has not been updated on that thread as being fixed. So are we supposed to keep reporting the issue to CS as unresolved? If so, how often do we need to report the same issue?

No if you've already reported it and it doesn't say resolved then your name is on the current ticket. If it says resolved but you're still running into it then for sure report it. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

@thisandthatandquick wrote:

Hi, 

I'm having a problem on the app uploading pictures. It will show that I uploaded all the pictures, but then when I re-open the draft, only the first picture I uploaded is actually there in the draft. 

Is this a known problem? Ive been having this issue for a week. I've never had this problem before, its getting very frustrating.

Hi @thisandthatandquick! I do see that the tech team recently created a ticket for this issue. Please go here to the tech board to get the info you'll need to provide Customer Support. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 24 of 38
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

No if you've already reported it and it doesn't say resolved then your name is on the current ticket. If it says resolved but you're still running into it then for sure report it. 

OK, thanks. Follow-up: is there a point at which a ticket is closed or demoted due to age so we should be re-reporting even though there's no fix mentioned? Should we be re-reporting because it's fallen down too far in the queue?

-----

GLORIOUS!

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

At the upcoming update starting from June 1st, which ebay is taking full control of the PL,

1. That also apply for items that are not Promoted by the seller?

For example if a seller is having 200 listings and is promoting 20 items, ebay will have control to change things for the total of 200 listings or just for the 20 promoted?

2. Ebay will be able to adjust shipping at the PLs?

3. Ebay will be able to change the add rate at the PLs, i think yes, but is where is the roof?

For example if the add rate is 3% ebay can take that rate to 10%?

4. Ebay will be able to send Best Offers on PLs to buyers without asking the seller, i think yes, but where is the roof?

For example a 50% Best Offer plus fees will destroy any chance for profit for most of the sellers.

4. If a seller opt-in to PL after June 1st, will be able to opt-out?

There are many gray areas at the update and we need some answers so we can prepare better.

Thank you.

-----

Edit: A reply to your message can be found here.

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

jasmen@ebay wrote:

OK, thanks. Follow-up: is there a point at which a ticket is closed or demoted due to age so we should be re-reporting even though there's no fix mentioned? Should we be re-reporting because it's fallen down too far in the queue?

@wastingtime101 No, if there's no fix mentioned it's usually because they don't have enough examples to make a change but they are looking for new user ID's not ones already on there. So there's no need to re report unless it's causing work stoppage.  

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

I see adsteam@ebay  had time to stop by and make a post promoting their latest blog with tips for optimizing keyword strategies, but hasn't had time to create a sticky post with the additional information/clarification about the marketing terms update that velvet@ebay  shared earlier today.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/You-lose-all-control-over-your-Promoted-Listings-to-Ebay-in-Ju...

While I appreciate Velvet's answer, odds are it's going to get lost as post 99 out of 100+....any chance we can get it posted separately as a sticky topic in the appropriate place too?

We appreciate your feedback @valueaddedresource, we're looking into whether or not this is something that can be done. Thanks! 

jasmen@ebay  - can you clarify that please? If this is something that can be done? What does that mean?

eBay staff clearly as the *technical* ability to put up announcements in the community and make them sticky so yes - it *can* be done.

If you mean *may* be done, does that mean you have to get special permission to do it and if so, why would that be different than the post velvet@ebay  already made?

-----

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

Now that the monthly eBay Financial Statement begins and ends on month boundaries, I paid attention to it for the first time. How does the statement relate to the eBay 1099-K? I did not see any way to determine gross sales from the report. How do sellers reconcile income and expenses with the 1099-K without downloading the complete Payout reports? How many sellers are capable of creating an Excell spreadsheet that accurately captures revenue and categorizes expenses? My guess - not many.

-----

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

Any progress on the how eBay implementation of German packaging regulations impact sellers on eBay.com or eBay.de?

-----

*I also included this post with info about where this was all discussed a few weeks ago. I hope the info there helps. 

Message 30 of 38
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: