cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 13 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! We hope to see you here today at 1 PM PT for our Weekly Chat with the Community Team. Bring your general buying and selling questions for discussion slight smile

See you soon! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

@mr_lincoln wrote:

tyler@ebay   Sorry Tyler, I thanked you as "Trinton"on the first reply ... ooooooops!

Smiley LOL no worries @mr_lincoln!  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 61 of 93
latest reply

Thanks, how about the 2nd part of my question? When this policy first gets instituted and we have listings already running will they end normally and end in our UNSOLDS folder when the listing expires or will they be AUTOMATICLLY RENEWED at GTC with no notice?

Message 62 of 93
latest reply

Thanks Brian. If you are unfamiliar with other selling apps, I would suggest you might want to look at some of your newer competitors, I won't name names here, not sure I'm allowed to, but there are at least two apps right now that are getting a lot of favorable commentary from YouTube influencers. One I think specializes in clothing.
Message 63 of 93
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team

Ref:  GTC – Link for Buyers revision request

When a Buyer opens an item they found in Search, they have 2 choices to see what else the Seller has … “Visit store” and “See more items”.  (pic below)

Clicking “See more items” returns a list of the Seller’s items in “Ending soonest” order and the original item can be anywhere on that list.  Clicking “Visit store” dumps the Buyer on the Store’s home page and again, the item they got to the store from can be anywhere on the store items displayed (via gallery or list formats).

The new GTC mandate will eliminate the ability to “group” like items by manipulating 7, 10 and 30 day Fixed Price listing durations and timing NEW products in with existing Active items that are winding down on their duration cycle.  This ability is advantageous because of how the “See other items” link works … meaning Buyers can see more “like” items when they are grouped..

For Store owners it would be nice modify the “Visit store” and “See more items” link selections:

1. Eliminate the “See more item” link for Store owners
  2. When a Buyer clicks the “Visit store” link they should be put in the Store Category that the item was in that they clicked the link from.
  3. Short of eliminating the “See more items” link just drop the Buyer in the Store Category that the item was in that they clicked the link from EITHER “Visit store” and “See more items” links.

These changes will:

-Lessen the lost flexibility of manipulating 7, 10 and 30 day durations that the GTC mandate affects

-Enhance the Buying experience as Buyers will be directed to more “like” items then the current link selections achieved.

-Improve Conversion rate by reducing a Buyer’s shopping time

It would be great if these changes could be implemented with the GTC mandate or worse case, included in the April Spring Seller Update …

Screenshot (1474).png

Thanks for these suggestions @mr_lincoln - I will get them to the right team for review!

I am a seller who has a store subscription and I would respectfully disagree with the idea of implementing this idea. In my opinion this suggestion is very short sighted. While it may have some merits for certain types sellers it could be very detrimental for a larger majority.

The three main reasons that I can think of off hand are as follows:

1 - The "eBay Mobile Site" DOES NOT display a sellers eBay store icon nor does it make any reference to a seller/store subscriber as actually having an eBay store. The only link that is made available to prospective buyers through the eBay mobile site is a "seller's other items" tab/link far down on the page under the area titled "About this seller". So unless eBay is willing to display a seller's eBay store icon/link on the eBay mobile site, removing this link would be a bad idea.

2 - Having both the Store link as well as the "see other items" link allows buyers to see a seller's available listings but sort them in two completely different way.

a - Within an eBay store a seller can create their own categories that may or may not be totally different than those that eBay uses.

b - With the "see other items" link buyers can sort a seller's items by eBay's stated categories, as well as use the item specific filters created by eBay within any given category.

3 - If eBay removed the "see other items" link how would buyers and sellers view any given seller's sold and or completed listing?

I wish I that  had more time today to discuss this idea but unfortunately I must run as I have an appointment that I must get to.

Message 64 of 93
latest reply

Thanks Tyler. A Terapeak app would be great!
Message 65 of 93
latest reply

Ok, thanks and thanks for answering the 2nd part of my original question to Alan. ALAN can disregard my last post looking for the answer. I just got it. I have to say Trinton 2 years and running and still no rock solid information on the Replacement we were PROMISED leads me to believe WE WILL NEVER SEE IT!

Message 66 of 93
latest reply

@eauctionmanagement wrote:

Ecommercebytes has written up several detailed articles concerning the Early Spring Update. They have gathered a lot of feedback from eBay sellers, much of it critical about the forced change of Fixed Price listings to GTC only durations. An overwhelming number of sellers are not happy with this change, both reflected by Ecommercebytes non-biased reporting... and on the eBay forums themselves.

Based on all the feedback, will you consider re-evaluating this change and allow sellers to keep shorter fixed price durations?

Hi @eauctionmanagement, I recommend reading this post from Harry Temkin in response to concerns from the Community. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 67 of 93
latest reply

Also, on the topic of Sales Velocity, last year at ebay Open I was told by ebay that you guys were working on replacing the clunky codeless coupon with a more useful coded coupon. Any word on that?

Also, last year, in the early Seller Updates, we were told changes were coming to ebay stores formats, etc. Later I was told those updates were apparently scrapped or put on the back burner. Anything you can share on that? Maybe have the Stores Team attend a Weekly Chat soon?
Message 68 of 93
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Hi TRINTON, A couple of years ago we were promised a replacement for TURBO LISTER and that it would be part of the NEW SELLER HUB "soon". Can you please fill everyone in on when EXACTLY we can expect this replacement, this is a major concern for myself and I am sure many others with ALL LISTINGS going GTC. Those of us who have stores and thousands of listings  have been waiting patiently for a LONG TIME for this feature to be added to the HUB. This is of utmost importance now with the GTC rollout. When can we expect this feature to be added?

Hi @ekmadonna - we don't have any update on a full replacement for Turbo Lister at this point in time. 

**Edit to add**

Until such time as we have more details though, you could consider File Exchange as a listing management alternative. There are also other third party tools that may give you the functionality you're looking for. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 69 of 93
latest reply

go-bad-chicken, Good points.
Message 70 of 93
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@mg152 wrote:

I feel like all FB should be done away with. Feedback is a dinosaur these days and some buyers get really angry if they don’t get FB in the first 30 seconds after they buy. The whole FB system is obsolete 

How would a buyer vet their seller before choosing where to purchase?????

I think ebay having a method for a buyer to supposedly "vet" a seller gives people .  The MBG is there for problems.  I agree feedback needs to go.

I don't want to use the MBG. I want to avoid a problem when possible.

Last time I used the MBG I ended up shortchanged. Explained here before. Not going to explain again.

Having a bad experience on eBay goes more toward  "the impression that ebay can't be trusted",  than being able to avoid the bad experience.  At this time there isn't much of a way to avoid a bad seller other than checking the feedback that they have gained from their past performance. 

Message 71 of 93
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Mr Lincoln, Niether one of us has polled all the sellers. I respect your opinion as well, just don't agree with it. That's known as "we'll just have to agree to disagree".

Mutual Olive Branch exchange complete ... thank you and you are welcome!  Now, let me explain briefly what I was trying to get at and may not have explained it as well as possible ... I try to model listings like a Brick and Mortor store .... Cookies in the cookie isle, Paint in the Hardware Department, Sneakers in the Shoe Department.  The current "See more items" AND "Visit Store" links simply stick a Buyer "somewhere" in among a Seller's items ... at least with the Store the Buyer can glance to the left and find the Store cat they want but with "See more items" they have to look up and down a long list to find like items OR click the Visit Store (another step) ... so why not just put them among the things they were looking for in the first place ... I don't see that so much as a business model as simply trying to organize things to facilitate a Buyer who is looking for something specific and can find more choices of the same item quickly ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 72 of 93
latest reply

@Anonymous 

Here are the various GTC related solutions discussed on the forums that I believe deserve serious consideration.

• Allow out-of-stock to be applied to individual GTC listings in addition to all or nothing.
  • Provide a "scheduled end date" option for GTC that is similar to scheduled start.
  • Add automation rules for GTC that allow "end after one cycle" or "end after this cycle" or "end after n cycles" or "end when sold out".
  • Change the GTC cycle to 31 days.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 73 of 93
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

eBay has told us that some time in the near future Paypal will be added into the approved managed payments options for buyers to use. 

Are all sellers payment processing fees going to be the same regardless which payment option a buyer chooses, albeit Adyen, paypal, apple pay or any others that eBay might approve?

If not could you explain in simply terms why it might be different?

I would also like to request at this time that the managed payments team schedule a chance to participate in this weekly chat again very soon as there is a lot of talk about the coming changes.

Good Luck Selling!

Hi @goodluckselling

We can't speak to how fees may be charged in the future; currently, the processing fee is per transaction, regardless of the payment method used by the buyer.

We'll ask the payments team to join an upcoming chat. Don't forget, if you have any burning questions you can contact the team directly on: 800-456-3229. 

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 74 of 93
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Thanks, how about the 2nd part of my question? When this policy first gets instituted and we have listings already running will they end normally and end in our UNSOLDS folder when the listing expires or will they be AUTOMATICLLY RENEWED at GTC with no notice?

No, only if FPs are Relisted with the only choice be GTC ... some folks have threads where existing FPs are being changed to GTCs now which should NOT be happening so eBay is investigating that ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 75 of 93
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: