cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 13 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! We hope to see you here today at 1 PM PT for our Weekly Chat with the Community Team. Bring your general buying and selling questions for discussion slight smile

See you soon! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

The chat is now open for questions. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 93
latest reply

When will the IE 11 glitch be fixed?

We know there are work-arounds to access eBay. Also that the IE 11 glitch is only on eBay. We also know Microsoft no longer supports IE 11. However, this isn’t Microsoft’s problem; it only happens on eBay.

When will this be fixed? How did it happen?

Message 3 of 93
latest reply

Good afternoon eBay Support Team

Ref:  GTC – Link for Buyers revision request

When a Buyer opens an item they found in Search, they have 2 choices to see what else the Seller has … “Visit store” and “See more items”.  (pic below)

Clicking “See more items” returns a list of the Seller’s items in “Ending soonest” order and the original item can be anywhere on that list.  Clicking “Visit store” dumps the Buyer on the Store’s home page and again, the item they got to the store from can be anywhere on the store items displayed (via gallery or list formats).

The new GTC mandate will eliminate the ability to “group” like items by manipulating 7, 10 and 30 day Fixed Price listing durations and timing NEW products in with existing Active items that are winding down on their duration cycle.  This ability is advantageous because of how the “See other items” link works … meaning Buyers can see more “like” items when they are grouped..

For Store owners it would be nice modify the “Visit store” and “See more items” link selections:

1. Eliminate the “See more item” link for Store owners
  2. When a Buyer clicks the “Visit store” link they should be put in the Store Category that the item was in that they clicked the link from.
  3. Short of eliminating the “See more items” link just drop the Buyer in the Store Category that the item was in that they clicked the link from EITHER “Visit store” and “See more items” links.

These changes will:

-Lessen the lost flexibility of manipulating 7, 10 and 30 day durations that the GTC mandate affects

-Enhance the Buying experience as Buyers will be directed to more “like” items then the current link selections achieved.

-Improve Conversion rate by reducing a Buyer’s shopping time

It would be great if these changes could be implemented with the GTC mandate or worse case, included in the April Spring Seller Update …

Screenshot (1474).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 93
latest reply

I’d like to make a couple suggestions for whatever team or department handles the rules that guide Feedback.

First I think it would be a good idea not to have buyer FB any longer.  Many sites have moved to this type of policy.  No FB for buyers.  Rating our customers is just not a good business practice IMHO.  By removing Buyer FB then sellers can focus more on taking good care of their customers and provide the level of service that they have the right to expect. 

I think once the buyers got use to it, that it would lead to a healthier environment and alleviate some stress buyer’s feel when they don’t get FB when they expect it or for sellers is wondering why they can’t say anything negative about their buyer. 

I know that some buyers really enjoy collecting FB.  It is important to them.  But I do think that my not having buyer FB buyers will learn to accept it and be OK with it.  I just think this would be a very positive move for everyone.

The other thing is about FB removal.  The legit reasons why a member may be able to get FB removed.  While we do have a policy page for this, it is incomplete.  There are other policy pages that contain additional information on the subject and I think it would be much easier for everyone if the full explanation and list of reasons would be better all on one policy. 

Certainly other policies could reference each other.  But when you are trying to research the valid reasons, it just seems so much easier if the policy page didn’t make you go here there and everywhere to gather the info you are seeking.

There may be more, but these are the policies I’ve found that have stuff referenced regarding reasons why FB can be removed.  But no one link has everything.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-manipulation-policy?id=4231

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-extortion-policy?id=4230

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-seller-terms-conditions?id=4229

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/seller-performance-def...

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=4262

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@this4chris2012 wrote:

When will the IE 11 glitch be fixed?

We know there are work-arounds to access eBay. Also that the IE 11 glitch is only on eBay. We also know Microsoft no longer supports IE 11. However, this isn’t Microsoft’s problem; it only happens on eBay.

When will this be fixed? How did it happen?

Hi @this4chris2012, we've tested this out ourselves and weren't able to recreate the issue but have reported instances shared here on the boards to our tech teams. Though we don't have a timeframe to provide on this, we'll definitely take a look at this to find out what might be going on and work on a fix!

Message 6 of 93
latest reply

I will probably attend eBay Open again this year, because it is fabulous in every way.
But I am concened about a part of the agreement I have to accept to register.
---
"4. Grant of Rights; Ownership. You understand that eBay may create materials in connection with or relating to the Event ("Materials") and may copyright those Materials in eBay's name. eBay retains all ownership rights in the eBay name, trademarks, and logos (collectively, "eBay Marks"), the Event, Materials, and all related intellectual property rights in the foregoing. Any use of the eBay Marks, Materials or any eBay intellectual property (including, without limitation, copying, modification, the creation of derivative works or distribution of content incorporating any the foregoing) without the prior express written permission of eBay is prohibited. By attending the Event, you hereby authorize and grant to eBay Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries and assigns, the right and irrevocable, unlimited, exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to: (a) record your likeness, image, voice and verbal statements ("Likeness") digitally or on audio tape, film, videotape, or any format now known or hereafter discovered; (b) use your Likeness in Materials, including the right to edit, dub, add to, subtract from or modify your Likeness in any manner and to combine it with any other material; (c) reproduce, modify, distribute, prepare derivative works, display, perform, or use or otherwise exploit the Materials containing your Likeness, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter discovered, for any purpose, including for the commercial advertising and/or promotion of eBay in any printed, on line or any other media now known or hereafter discovered; and (d) sublicense any of the above granted rights. To the extent permitted by law, no compensation will be due to you under any circumstances in exchange for use of your Likeness, and you waive any moral rights that might be associated with any such use.
---
So eBay can take anything I say or do, then edit, modify, add to, delete from, dub, etc., in any way they want, forever. And they can assign this right to any third party they want, who can also change it in any way they want, forever. 
Don't care for that.

Message 7 of 93
latest reply

I have a concern about GTC, and using the "out of stock" (OOS) option.
With the new requirement for all fixed price listings to be GTC (with 30 day renewal) we need to be able to select the "OOS" option on an individual basis rather than an "all, or none" basis. All fixed price lisitngs being GTC has taken away that OOS choice.

"All, or none" was workable when we are allowed to individually choose GTC, or not GTC.

Using OOS with only a single "all, or none" option, if I have an item that I only have one (1) of (OOAK),when sold it would go to zero, be hidden from search, and renew at 30 days unless ended manually.
About 1/2 of my listings are OOAK.

While OOS may work for an item that I may get more of, there are many times that I will not have another in the near future, (listing duration) or ever. This wastes a listing by renewing something that I do not have. If we need to constantly monitor the single quantity listings, and manually end them when the item sells it creates more work rather than making eBay an easier place to sell.

Give us back the "OOS" choice by at the time of listing, and make it so that it can be edited in bulk.

Here are the more organized thoughts of another community poster.

QUOTED FROM A RECENT THREAD ON THE SELLING BOARD

When all listings change to Good 'Til Cancelled sellers will need the ability to disable the global out of stock setting at the listing level.
I have a lot of multi quantity and multi variation listings. I set them at GTC and I use the Out of Stock (OOS) feature which keeps those listings alive until I am able to restock.
I also have a lot of single quantity listings that I set at 30 day fixed price.
When the rollover to GTC happens using the OOS feature means I will have to manually end every single quantity listing that sells, and in some cases where a buyer purchases near the end of the cycle those listings may renew before I get the chance to end them costing me store listings or additional fees for something that's sold, out of stock, and won't be restocked.
Manually ending so many listings that are sold out is going to be a lot of work.
OOS is currently a global account setting. I would like the option to disable OOS at the listing level for items where I have a single quantity and I know I will not be getting more stock.

Message 8 of 93
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

When a Buyer opens an item they found in Search, they have 2 choices to see what else the Seller has … “Visit store” and “See more items”.  (pic below)

Clicking “See more items” returns a list of the Seller’s items in “Ending soonest” order and the original item can be anywhere on that list.  Clicking “Visit store” dumps the Buyer on the Store’s home page and again, the item they got to the store from can be anywhere on the store items displayed (via gallery or list formats).

The new GTC mandate will eliminate the ability to “group” like items by manipulating 7, 10 and 30 day Fixed Price listing durations and timing NEW products in with existing Active items that are winding down on their duration cycle.  This ability is advantageous because of how the “See other items” link works … meaning Buyers can see more “like” items when they are grouped..

For Store owners it would be nice modify the “Visit store” and “See more items” link selections:

2. When a Buyer clicks the “Visit store” link they should be put in the Store Category that the item was in that they clicked the link from.
  3. Short of eliminating the “See more items” link just drop the Buyer in the Store Category that the item was in that they clicked the link from EITHER “Visit store” and “See more items” links.

These changes will:

-Lessen the lost flexibility of manipulating 7, 10 and 30 day durations that the GTC mandate affects

-Enhance the Buying experience as Buyers will be directed to more “like” items then the current link selections achieved.

It would be great if these changes could be implemented with the GTC mandate or worse case, included in the April Spring Seller Update …

Screenshot (1474).png

Thanks for these suggestions @mr_lincoln - I will get them to the right team for review!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 93
latest reply

Just dropped by to say Hi! And to thank you all for your help in the community again this past couple of weeks. I probably can’t stick around today as my baby had her spay surgery yesterday and she’s wanting her mommy. 😀🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

One doggie emoji for each of my fur babies. 

Oh, my sales have been way up these past couple of weeks so that’s good. I raised my prices a bit and changed to “free” shipping. It seems to be working out. Sometimes I’m a little ahead on the shipping and sometimes it’s a little more than I thought but it seems to be working out. In my description I put “U S shipping included in price” as not to mislead anyone into thinking shipping is actually free.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 10 of 93
latest reply

Trinton,

We need an update from you on this thread.  I know you are a busy guy and I completely respect that.  But it is an important issue for some of us sellers and we just want to make sure we handle things properly.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/PP-Refunds-or-Cancel-Transaction/m-p/29592253/highlight/false#...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 93
latest reply

Last year at eBay Open Mohan Patt promised sellers that by 2019 (I think he said Q1, which is coming to an end in a few weeks), sellers with employees would have the ability to provide employees with limited access to the sellers account, so that the employees could do more without actually being privy to all the account info. This was greeted with much applause by sellers, many of whom had been asking for this tool for years. Since then, I'm hearing....nothing. Is this still in the works? For Q1? For Q2? Or...what?
Message 12 of 93
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

These changes will:

Screenshot (1474).png

Thanks for these suggestions @mr_lincoln - I will get them to the right team for review!

As always, thanks Trinton, I couldn't ask for any more ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 93
latest reply

Ebay has said that improving sales velocity is an important part of their 2019 plans. For many of us, especially sellers of one-offs, social media is a key part of our own sales velocity strategy. Yet eBay provides woefully little in this regard. There's been no change to the four (largely unnoticed) links at the upper right of listing pages: email, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. As ebay moves everyone to GTC, the value of these sites increases. Perhaps ebay could do more with these? And why on earth, in 2019, is Instagram not one of the links? And speaking of social media, many of us see value in it, but I'm sure more sellers would use it if ebay provided some incentives: maybe an FVF discount for items bought when clearly referred by Social media? Or maybe some contests for referrals? At least some thing....
Message 14 of 93
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I’d like to make a couple suggestions for whatever team or department handles the rules that guide Feedback.

First I think it would be a good idea not to have buyer FB any longer.  Many sites have moved to this type of policy.  No FB for buyers.  Rating our customers is just not a good business practice IMHO.  By removing Buyer FB then sellers can focus more on taking good care of their customers and provide the level of service that they have the right to expect. 

I think once the buyers got use to it, that it would lead to a healthier environment and alleviate some stress buyer’s feel when they don’t get FB when they expect it or for sellers is wondering why they can’t say anything negative about their buyer. 

I know that some buyers really enjoy collecting FB.  It is important to them.  But I do think that my not having buyer FB buyers will learn to accept it and be OK with it.  I just think this would be a very positive move for everyone.

The other thing is about FB removal.  The legit reasons why a member may be able to get FB removed.  While we do have a policy page for this, it is incomplete.  There are other policy pages that contain additional information on the subject and I think it would be much easier for everyone if the full explanation and list of reasons would be better all on one policy. 

Certainly other policies could reference each other.  But when you are trying to research the valid reasons, it just seems so much easier if the policy page didn’t make you go here there and everywhere to gather the info you are seeking.

There may be more, but these are the policies I’ve found that have stuff referenced regarding reasons why FB can be removed.  But no one link has everything.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-manipulation-policy?id=4231

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-extortion-policy?id=4230

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-seller-terms-conditions?id=4229

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/seller-performance-def...

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=4262

I feel like all FB should be done away with. Feedback is a dinosaur these days and some buyers get really angry if they don’t get FB in the first 30 seconds after they buy. The whole FB system is obsolete 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 15 of 93
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: