cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team at 1 PM on June 3rd for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. With the upcoming retirement of Turbo Lister, a member of the team that supported this tool will join us to answer questions about the transition. Additionally, representatives from the third-party listing tool SixBit will also be joining us to provide more information on how you may be able to leverage their product to grow your business.

If you're new to our weekly chat, welcome! Simply click the Reply button on this post, type up your question, and hit submit. We look forward to chatting with you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 263
latest reply
262 REPLIES 262

Will TurboLister self-destruct, or can I at least still open it to copy/paste info into my seller hub.  I do not want to lose 20 years of work.  I do understand that I will not be able to upload listings from TurboLister to eBay live listings, but I want to at least be able to access TurboLister to pull information when needed.  I also have all of my listings categorized in folders so that I can locate my listing easily.  I do not want to lose that.  I will NOT be paying $20.00 per month for SixGit.  I cannot afford that as I am a casual seller of more than 20 years.

Message 31 of 263
latest reply

Was there any thought to give long term Turbo Lister uses free SixBit use for more than the 6 month trail period?

Message 32 of 263
latest reply

How do i log in?
Message 33 of 263
latest reply

With Turbo Lister I build a folder with items I want to have in an auction over a period of days.  When I have several items, I launch all at the same time.  Can I do this with your new system?  

Message 34 of 263
latest reply

because it looks like the new software charges... hmm big surprise or no?

Message 35 of 263
latest reply

How many templates are needed for file exchange?

Fixed price

auction

items with details

and

items no detail

It is confusing and I have been on ebay since 1998

Message 36 of 263
latest reply

I switched to SixBit several months ago.  So far I'm happy.  The bonus, much faster.

But I have some questions:

1)  I have not imported all my listings to SixBit.  Will I be able to do this after Turbo Lister is gone?

2)  Even though Turbo Lister will no longer be supported,  will you still be able to upload  listings?  I'm guessing the answer is no.

3)  I am interested in knowing the difference between the Turbo Lister plan and the plan I have (I pay $37.99/month).  If I wish, can I downgrade to this plan.

Thanks.

Message 37 of 263
latest reply

I sell items that are unique, I don't manage any "recurring" inventory and all of my listings are custom. I have a database of over 5,000 items which I frequently need to go back, pull them up and modify as needed.

I need an offline solution as sometimes I go to remote locations (no internet) to create descriptions, take photos, etc.  What options are there to support this? I do not want to rely on any "web-based" solutions, most of them are slow and cumbersome, not to mention they want an additional fee on top of all the other fees I have (eBay Store, Managed Payments, Shipping, etc). I need an offline solution that I can use to upload my listings when they are ready.

Is "support" for Turbo listing ending or will the product be permanently banned from use going forward?

Message 39 of 263
latest reply

Do you have specific instructions of how to use File Exchange and import listings into it including pictures? And if so, can you please provide comprehensive links?

Will ebay have support for File exchange and is that the same group  supports Turbolister.

Message 38 of 263
latest reply

Do not stop supporting TL uploads.

Message 40 of 263
latest reply

I have been using Turbo Lister for a number of years and have spent a lot of time and effort creating and adding to the data base.  With the demise of the Turbo Lister tool, what will be the comparable listing tool, and how can the information be transferred.  I quikly looked at the suggested alternatives mention in you email and none of them seem to do the job.  Perhaps it is my lack of tech savy, but if you are going to phase this out at least have a workable alternative that is easy to use and to which the info can easily be transfered.

Message 41 of 263
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelastmoosiah wrote:

my first chat here, looking forward to it

Hi @thelastmoosiah, we're happy to have you here 🙂

Message 42 of 263
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

I’ve never used it.  What benefits are there?  I’m open to learning something new if I need it!

@jewelbiz  SixBit is very similar to Turbo Lister.  It's a desktop application designed to help sellers sell items on eBay.  It has all the features of Turbo Lister and much more including help managing your sales.    The best place to start would be our website at sixbitsoftware.com, or by taking a look at the Turbo Lister Landing page at http://sixbit.com/tllanding

Message 43 of 263
latest reply

weaverlili_0-1591214889901.jpeg

Lili,

So We confirmed that Turbo Lister's export isn't working with SixBit so SixBit can't import your pictures from Turbo Lister. In that respect, you're rather dead in the water. You will have to add the pictures to your items manually unfortunately, and while I was watching SixBit was behaving on the picture adding, until the images disappeared, that is. I can safely say that images disappearing wouldn't be SixBit's fault, for what that's worth.

Force as New Listing (Don't Relist if Available) is a tool for separating listings from all the old information, like Watchers, sales performance, and other things like that. SixBit also keeps tabs on information like that for SixBit meta-data collection. Forcing as a new listing is useful for sales performance over select times, since the listing is separated from all the other listing history. You do not have to do it, but it also is not harmful to enable. I would recommend against it, just because there's no use for it unless you want specific listing data. Entirely up to you, however, as it won't hurt.

Similarly, resending pictures is for when you want to update pictures on a website. It's largely a tool for managing and reordering the images you have uploaded. Resending pictures will delete the images from the online site and replace them with the ones you have on the item. This is largely harmless as well, but it will make submitting items take longer as it has to reupload each image each time you list.

So for both Force as New and Resending Pictures, you do not have to have either enabled.

At this time, we do not know when eBay will charge you for listings. We do not have access to the API for that information, as eBay keeps that a guarded secret. On that note, however, I have informed the developers of a "Submitted since" option so you can track your insertion-free listings and see how close to the limit you are.

And the last thing we talked about was the select all function. Windows has this as a feature, so we piggyback off of it. When in a grid or any field, you can hold down the Control button and press A at the same time. This will select all the items or values or information in the grid or field you are in.

I believe that is a summation of everything we talked about, but I can answer any more questions you have.

Thank you for your patience,
Clay McCarty
SixBit Customer Support

Message 44 of 263
latest reply

I was told by an Ebay rep this was the forum to bring this up so I will.
1. Why is it that as sellers, we are allowed to set up a return policy that best suits our business, however Ebay will not support our policies if we choose to not accept returns. If we sell an item that we list as not working and sell it under "parts or repair" condition, why is a buyer allowed to return the item or force a return? Specifically, the buyer can force the return by falsely stating "item not as described" or "doesnt match description or photos" if they want and as a seller I am forced to accept the return and pay for return shipping when the listing is clear we do not pay for return shipping.

Can you please explain, if you are trying to support your sellers, how this is allowed to happen?
Message 45 of 263
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: