cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Feb 27 from 1:00 pm PT - 2019 Early Seller Update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone! This week we announced our 2019 Early Seller Update and have set up a dedicated board here where staff will be answering questions throughout February 26th & 27th. Additionally, we will focus our Weekly Chat with The Community Team on Feb 27th at 1 PM PT on these announcements.

We look forward to hearing your feedback about the changes, new features, Seller Hub enhancements, and listing updates we're implementing. Looking forward to seeing you here!

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: Community Chat, Feb 27 from 1:00 pm PT - 2019 Early Seller Update

Trinton, So your answer is: No, we will continue to treat one offs as if they multi-quantity. Ok Thanks.
Message 61 of 85
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@xray731 wrote:

I'd like to know why GTC listings were deleted by Ebay about a year ago because they were stagnant and considered to be clogging up the venue and now a year later we're being forced into doing GTC?

I hope you mean end a listing, not actually delete a listing.  Two different things.  If they were to delete them, then sellers would not be able to access them in their ended listings which could cause unnecessary work for a seller.

They deleted them wiped them away , I don't have time to search the posts for the poor sellers we saw all over the boards , but no they didn't just end them !!!!!

Message 62 of 85
latest reply

@threshold.sales.group wrote:

Fwiw, I think the issue of 31 day double billed months is going to be a lot bigger problem than the inside team thinks. The many (millions) casual sellers who use their monthly allotment of free listings will suddenly find they've been invoiced for listing fees will be storming the castle with pitchforks.  It's totally unnecessary chaos that is guaranteed to happen unless some adjustments are made. 

If I'm understanding this correctly, it should at least be possible to predict when this tsunami will hit, yes? March 31? May 31?

Message 63 of 85
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lrj0 wrote:
I think it would be better to have them relist on the number of actual days in that particular month. I'm sure this would be a programmers nightmare to do so. There seems to be no easy answer that works for everyone.

Yes there is. Adjust the GTC renewal timeframe from 30 to 31 days. It's the easiest solution.

Message 64 of 85
latest reply

@lrj0 wrote:
I think it would be better to have them relist on the number of actual days in that particular month. I'm sure this would be a programmers nightmare to do so. There seems to be no easy answer that works for everyone.

Maybe a solution that will solve MOST of the problem, and probably not be monstrous to code, is to have listings renew on the same date each month (provided that date isn't the (29th-31st).
...But certainly, the better solution is to let sellers opt out of the GTC requirement.

Message 65 of 85
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

@lrj0 wrote:

Maybe a solution that will solve MOST of the problem, and probably not be monstrous to code, is to have listings renew on the same date each month (provided that date isn't the (29th-31st).
...But certainly, the better solution is to let sellers opt out of the GTC requirement.

That would work find if all the listings you create are created on the same day each month.  For me, I wouldn't be able to do that.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 66 of 85
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I'm confused about something I read in the Update's FAQ, about the GTC change. Let me quote it:   "I currently use the short-duration fixed price format with automatic relisting. What will happen when my listing ends? ----Starting in mid-March 2019, when a short-duration fixed price item is relisted, either automatically or manually, the duration will be set to Good 'Til Cancelled upon relist. When a Good ‘Til Cancelled listing ends, it will not be automatically relisted."

What does that LAST sentence mean? I thought all GTC listings relisted automatically, by definition.  Or are you guys trying to say that, if a GTC is ENDED EARLY BY THE SELLER (say, after ten days), it will not relist automatically, the seller would have to relist it manually? 

With Good 'Til Cancelled, the listing isn't ended unless: 1) the seller chooses to end it, 2) the item has been out-of-stock for 90 consecutive days, or 3) the listing has violated a policy. If the listing is ended due to any of the above reasons, it will not be automatically relisted by eBay; however, the seller may always choose to relist it at any time they wish. Good 'Til Cancelled renewal is different from a relist. When a Good 'Til Cancelled item is renewed, the end date is simply pushed out another 30 days. The listing remains live, keeping its item ID, SEO benefits, watchers, and sales history.  We believe all of the above improves the conversion rate of an item, compared to a 30 day listing that is relisted multiple times.  When you relist, it is actually creating a new listing with a new item ID and URL. Sales history, watchers, and SEO of the original item are lost. 

Message 67 of 85
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

@lrj0 wrote:

That would work find if all the listings you create are created on the same day each month.  For me, I wouldn't be able to do that.

So if everything auto renewed on the 15th and I posted a new listing on the 5th, I'd get hit with the listing fee twice.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 68 of 85
latest reply

I want eBay to code for that.
The sellers shouldn't have to.
List on the 1st, renew on the 1st.
Message 69 of 85
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

Any answer yet on post #41 from 6 weeks ago? I asked about it 5 weeks ago and was told you hadn't heard back yet.

It was about listing GTC on the app, and whether the 8 relistings were free or not.

I think it was tyler@ebay 

Hi @carlqsportscards - we still haven't heard back on this I'm afraid. When we hear back I'll let you know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 70 of 85
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The chat is now closed for new replies. We will work to answer any remaining questions and appreciate you hearing from everyone!

Message 71 of 85
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rock4best wrote:

I am the seller who make a choice to list my multi variation fixed price listings for 7 days. That is why I am using anchor store with yearly subscription.

Knowing that I have a questions for ebay.

1. What is happening to prior announcements 60 days before major changes. Ebay is going to take away sellers ability to list items for less than indefinite term.

2. Will you allow sellers like me to terminate our yearly subscription without fee as we can't use that much listings anymore because of your change of listing terms. I can't use more then premium store allowance listings if you put a stop on 7 day listings.

Thank very much for listening to your sellers (partners as you used to say)

Hi!!  I will connect offline with the teams and find out how to handle this and we can look at adding an FAQ with the appropriate response.  Please feel free to email me direct at Kristine@ebay.com in the meantime.  

Thanks!

Message 72 of 85
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rock4best wrote:

I am the seller who make a choice to list my multi variation fixed price listings for 7 days. That is why I am using anchor store with yearly subscription.

Knowing that I have a questions for ebay.

1. What is happening to prior announcements 60 days before major changes. Ebay is going to take away sellers ability to list items for less than indefinite term.

2. Will you allow sellers like me to terminate our yearly subscription without fee as we can't use that much listings anymore because of your change of listing terms. I can't use more then premium store allowance listings if you put a stop on 7 day listings.

Thank very much for listening to your sellers (partners as you used to say)

Hi!!  I will connect offline with the teams and find out how to handle this and we can look at adding an FAQ with the appropriate response.  Please feel free to email me direct at Kristine@ebay.com in the meantime.  

Thanks!
Message 73 of 85
latest reply

@birdsmagnolia wrote:
Just wondering if there are any plans to allow variations to be added to existing listings? I sometimes get new sizes or colors of an item and would like to add them as a variation on an existing multi-quantity listing and cannot do so. In many cases, I would like to be able to keep the original watchers and sales history of the item. I can easily add any additional options to an item already set up as a variation listing but cannot add a variation to a listing that does not already include variations. Thanks!

Hi birdsmagnolia,

We currently have no plans to expand listing revision functionality to include adding variations to existing listings. 

Message 74 of 85
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

Many users are complaining that this is going to take a lot more time to manage there eBay selling account with the GTC changes. 

My question - When is eBay going to delivery the often promise of seller hub functionality that include the feature and function that turbo lister offered its users?

You made a big statement at the time of seller hub being released which was about the time you announced the ending of turbo lister and eBay assured us then that seller hub would have all these functions and more.

Could you give us an honest update of where we are with seller hub and creating listing all of which will be very important to the new fixed price conversion to GTC listing changes you are making.

Good Luck Selling!

@goodluckselling - There is no additional information about Turbo Lister beyond what we stated last year that we discontinued support for it. I encourage you to try Seller Hub.

Please send me or respond to this with the specific functionality you are requesting. There are tools, like File Exchange that offer alternatives for sellers who wished to work offline or bulk upload listings. 

Thanks for selling on eBay.

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 75 of 85
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: