cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 8 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing great!

In the Jewelry & Gemstone Board Group,some people are saying that they are not allowed to post or reply to posts. Is there a glitch?

Please let me know as I have received several messages where people want to wish someone well and cannot.

TIA

Hi @theshoppingmom2 - so happy to hear from you! 😄

There isn't an issue with replying back that I'm aware of, can you tag me to a thread in the group or get me some examples of members who are hitting blocks? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 71
latest reply

I get my Managed Payments paid out weekly, on Tuesday. This works for me. But I've been seeing some discussion that some of the people who get daily payouts are seeing payouts on Saturday and/or Sunday now. Can you confirm that that is a new policy?

-----

Edit: A a reply to your comment can be found here.

Message 17 of 71
latest reply

Nearly a month ago we were told that to see avatars on the community discussion boards we should click to grant access.  I did this.  Then I found out that I was granting access to my PRIVATE data.  Since I did not want a 3rd party, Khoros, to have access to my private data, I went to my Personal information Sign in and security, scrolled down to the bottom to find Third-party app access and clicked on View to view or edit third party apps with access to my account.  I got the error message:  "We ran into a problem.  Please try again."

I have been trying again and again.  This has also been reported on the Technical Issues and Share Community Platform Feedback weeks ago.  Today it is still broken, giving the same error message.  I consider this a major security breech.  When will this error be fixed so I can revoke the third-party access you told me to grant without telling me it would expose my private data to a non-eBay entity?

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 18 of 71
latest reply

I also have a question about Vero.

If an item is taken down because of Vero , that owner needs to reply to that take down to the seller.

If the owner does not reply  and eBay contact them and still does not reply, could  eBay be able to remove the violation from the seller's account, maybe not allow the item to be relisted but the violation should be removed because there has been no reply? Since the Vero owner never replied to the seller, doesn't the seller have a right to have that violation removed from his records? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 19 of 71
latest reply

VAT charge

For orders 13-07882-92130, 23-07884-89803, 07-07901-14995

ebay charged me VAT 19%

when i received the items at the post office of my country they charged me again VAT 19%

when i chat with ebay support i was told to paid the VAT of my country when i receive the items and ebay will refund me the extra VAT, so i did and send ebay the Receipt, then ebay told me to send a photo of the package, i took a photo of the package and i send it, then ebay told me that the Receipt i have send is an Invoice, while is writing clearly Receipt.

This is a cheat from ebay and it's illegal.

I waste 3 hours to get the extra VAT back and i got nothing.

I follow all the steps that ebay support asked me and at the end nothing.

Also, the VAT law of my country is VAT 5% for books and magazines, that i have ordered.

There is no respect to buyers from ebay and from today i stop buying from your platform.

What is your excuse?

-----

Message 20 of 71
latest reply

tyler@ebay  !!!! Happy to be here !

Ok I will tag you.

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 21 of 71
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Speaking of the stores team, why have they added the number of lifetime sales I've made to the Store Home page?  ebay is big on Buyer Privacy, but this seems to me something that should be optional....if a seller wants the world to know this, give him the option to include it. Please forward that suggestion to the stores team.

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! I'd like to start by clarifying that it's the number of sales a seller has completed on eBay. We appreciate the feedback and concern though, and have passed it on to the powers that be. Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 22 of 71
latest reply

This is interesting, @mam98031!

As for what I think, let me quote what you said in your final post of the thread you referenced:

"We all need to demand that these policies are written and published for all sellers to be able to refer to for further information without exception. If it affects our money, we have every right to know. Ebay has no right to continue to keep it under a veil of secrecy."

You're absolutely right. The lack of transparency around MP has bugged me from the minute we started hearing about it. What's worse, I have no reason to think eBay has any interest in improving.

Message 23 of 71
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

Nearly a month ago we were told that to see avatars on the community discussion boards we should click to grant access.  I did this.  Then I found out that I was granting access to my PRIVATE data.  Since I did not want a 3rd party, Khoros, to have access to my private data, I went to my Personal information Sign in and security, scrolled down to the bottom to find Third-party app access and clicked on View to view or edit third party apps with access to my account.  I got the error message:  "We ran into a problem.  Please try again."

I have been trying again and again.  This has also been reported on the Technical Issues and Share Community Platform Feedback weeks ago.  Today it is still broken, giving the same error message.  I consider this a major security breech.  When will this error be fixed so I can revoke the third-party access you told me to grant without telling me it would expose my private data to a non-eBay entity?

Hi @somanypostcards - there is an ongoing technical issue that prevents you from viewing your third party authorizations. I've added your account as one that is also impacted, and I hope that we see it resolved quickly so that you can manage your authorizations as you see fit. 

I do want to clarify that the Grant Application Access page was not authorizing any additional information other than your avatar photo, profile/feedback page and your currently listed items for sale. I realize that there was a lot of conversation around the topic at the time, but it was not giving any other detail than that. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 71
latest reply

I reviewed the documents on those pages in detail and the user agreement.  How can my "Sell similar" listing be in violation of an already existing listings that people are actively selling.  I copy the title word for word and still have violations.

Why can't that list be released? if all the sellers had that list we could not have to engage CS everytime we have a listing violation and use up their time for a task that could be avoided?

-----

Message 25 of 71
latest reply

And again, for the stores team, it would be nice to see some tutorials/tips/best practices for the new features....maybe some examples of seller created store videos....Could you pass that on to the Stores Team?

And also, now that out Store Home page looks better and is more informative, it would be nice to see ebay doing more to direct traffic to the home pages (maybe from the listing page, giving more prominence to "see seller's store" than "see sellers other items"), and it would be really great to have more granular tracking, so we know whether buyers are coming to the home page or not....

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here

Message 26 of 71
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I get my Managed Payments paid out weekly, on Tuesday. This works for me. But I've been seeing some discussion that some of the people who get daily payouts are seeing payouts on Saturday and/or Sunday now. Can you confirm that that is a new policy?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques the payouts work a little bit different when it comes to daily payouts vs the weekly ones. In short yes, if it's daily you could see a payout over the weekend. You can learn more here, there's a helpful chart that goes over payout initiation times!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 27 of 71
latest reply

velvet@ebay

Not sure if you got my tag.  The attached discussion has the list of missing US makers and publishers of postcards.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Postcard-Manufacturers-and-Publishers-Not-Included-in-the-Drop...

I also added another issue I have encountered.

There is an item specific "continent" .   The drop down list has an error.    Central America is not a continent.  At least it wasn't when I went to school and google doesn't think it is either.

-----

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 28 of 71
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

I also have a question about Vero.

If an item is taken down because of Vero , that owner needs to reply to that take down to the seller.

If the owner does not reply  and eBay contact them and still does not reply, could  eBay be able to remove the violation from the seller's account, maybe not allow the item to be relisted but the violation should be removed because there has been no reply? Since the Vero owner never replied to the seller, doesn't the seller have a right to have that violation removed from his records? 

Hi @theshoppingmom2! We can’t force a Rights Owner to reply to a seller. We can reach out to the Rights Owner on their behalf though. If it's been more than 5 business days since they reached out to the Rights Owner, they can email the VeRO team at vero@ebay.com so they can reach out to the Rights Owner on the sellers behalf. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 29 of 71
latest reply

velvet@ebay:  "it's the number of sales a seller has completed on eBay."

Some sellers have multiple selling accounts. I take it you mean the number of sales a seller has completed on ebay with that specific account, not ALL accounts...is that correct?

-----

Message 30 of 71
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: