cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Community Chat, December 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Out of curiosity is there any particular thing eBay takes seriously?  Seems site functionality isn't important, and neither is the information contained on the site.  Policies aren't consistently followed.  Support gets next to no training.  Now there is a huge wave of compromised accounts running amuck?  It seems like the longer eBay exists the more and more it becomes the most unsafe eCommerce site to sell on.

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

This has probably been there for 6 months........but hadn't noticed before......but suddenly I feel all kinds of ideas/thought bubbling up so certainly want to make my contribution........ but alas........no information, instruction.....context? 

BLOG DASHBOARD???

Screenshot (214).png

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

hmmm......how did I get the frame? 

-----

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

Last night, I had a listing give me an option of spending $ 2.99 to advertise it.   I don't remember the exact words, but you should know.

The problem is-it was going to charge me the money whether I clicked to do it or not.  It had already decideed to charge me $ 2.99 plus thirty five cents for the listing.   Why?

-----

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 51
latest reply

I have a question about handling times.  I searched the eBay site but could not find an answer.  If a buyer purchases something from me a 1 am on Monday and I have a 1-day handling time can that item ship out anytime on Tuesday?  Also, do weekends count?

-----

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

tyler@ebay  - There is a very concerning thread from @somanypostcards  where they have reported over a hundred likely hijacked accounts being used for possibly fraudulent purchases in the last month and have been unable to get any assistance from eBay on the issue.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/More-suspicious-purchases-likely-unauthorized-use-of-buyer/m-p...

I've looked at a few of the accounts in question and they definitely have many of the same red flags  I've seen across many verified instances of hijacked/account takeover fraud on eBay.

I understand here in the chat you can't speak to account specifics or get into what actions if any may be taken on reports like this, but what exactly would be the best course of contact and escalation for this seller and others who have reported similarly suspicious transactions using the same address?

They haven't gotten anywhere with the normal support options - where should they go from here?

-----

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

I have question about shipping. It seems that the USPS is now using the severe weather as an excuse for packages not getting delivered when they should be. I just made a purchase from another seller and they downloaded the tracking for my order. When I checked the tracking it gives me this:

Due to severe weather, some packages may be delayed.
greg213213_0-1639602589311.png

Tracking provided
Step 1 - In Progress - Tracking provided
In transit
Step 2 - Upcoming - In transit
Out for delivery
Step 3 - Upcoming - Out for delivery
Estimated delivery
Step 4 - Upcoming - Estimated delivery Wed, Dec 22Wed, Dec 22

My question is this: Are all sellers, no matter where they are located going to be protected from this. I also have three packages that have this same info on them and one should have been delivered on Monday but it has not.

-----
Message 8 of 51
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Out of curiosity is there any particular thing eBay takes seriously?  Seems site functionality isn't important, and neither is the information contained on the site.  Policies aren't consistently followed.  Support gets next to no training.  Now there is a huge wave of compromised accounts running amuck?  It seems like the longer eBay exists the more and more it becomes the most unsafe eCommerce site to sell on.

I am sure ebay takes all of the above seriously but it is a huge site and nobody is perfect.

Your post makes me wonder why you are still selling here.

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

Last night, I had a listing give me an option of spending $ 2.99 to advertise it.   I don't remember the exact words, but you should know.

The problem is-it was going to charge me the money whether I clicked to do it or not.  It had already decideed to charge me $ 2.99 plus thirty five cents for the listing.   Why?

Hi @divwido - I'm not familiar with this - was it an auction style listing? Wondering if it was one of the new Promoted Listing options. 

If you'd like to share the item number in question I'm happy to see if I can suss it out!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 51
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

This has probably been there for 6 months........but hadn't noticed before......but suddenly I feel all kinds of ideas/thought bubbling up so certainly want to make my contribution........ but alas........no information, instruction.....context? 

BLOG DASHBOARD???

Screenshot (214).png

Great question @dhbookds! It has to do with the blog set-up itself. The functionality exists within the blog set-up to allow for contributing authors, and were you a contributing author, then you would see info when you click that link. In this instance, the blog is solely for announcements so there are no other contributing authors. I hope that makes sense. 😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 11 of 51
latest reply

I have called ebay about the same issues for 10 years now and nothing ever seems to get fixed.  When signing in itll say i have wrong password even though it is autofill.

Itll say I have an offer in my ebay and when i click on it there is no offer.

Even when listing a new item if i fill out ALL item specifics itll go directly to (item specifics required or recommended.

Store items go missing weekly and buyers dont see them even when i send them into my store with keywords.

Every few days itll say I have active content in listings but I dont., EVER.

Called last week 5 times and the CS rep said they were going to open a ticket on some of these issues but called today and rep said there were no tickets filled out. 

Sales are bad, views are horrible and I expect thats what happens when my listings keep going missing from store.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

hmmm......how did I get the frame? 

I'm not sure what you're referring to here @dhbookds. Will you elaborate on what you mean by getting a frame? Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 51
latest reply

@alcoforever wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

I am sure ebay takes all of the above seriously but it is a huge site and nobody is perfect.

Your post makes me wonder why you are still selling here.

Simple I'm not stupid.  If I could flip a switch and instantly get all my business traffic to move to Facebook, Shopify, and social media I would have been gone already.  Plus like the major retailers are doing, eBay is a cheap place to acquire more customers and get free image hosting services.

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

I hope that makes sense

lol.......not at all........but no point in trying to understand why I'm invited to view my contributions, but I'm not allowed to make any.......

don't worry about it......

Message 15 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: