cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 14 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Community Chat, April 14 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@nuclearomen wrote:

tyler@ebay 
Thanks for reply... under my seller dashboard the screen I posted "transaction Defect Rate" states 100%...I believe that is what the team that keeps contacting me is saying they "fixed" but the metrics was never explained to me in this way (or at all)... but I don't understand why it stays there when there was no case, it was opened by accident by buyer, shouldn't it also be removed then from metrics also? Raises my rate to my peers, if was actual case/issue by my fault OK, but if not why should sellers metrics have the mark? Doesn't seem right to me at all.

Hi @nuclearomen - I can give you some of the reasons we introduced the metrics back in 2018:

• The intent of these metrics is to measure you against your peers
  • You’re measured against sellers who are selling similar items, in similar condition, with a similar return policy, at a similar price point
  • All Item not as described return requests are counted the same for all sellers
  • eBay considers all open Item not as described return requests.
  • We provide a breakdown of Item not as described return reasons to help you prevent future requests
  • If a buyer has a history of filing questionable returns, we automatically remove their return requests from our calculations
  • If we don’t see a history of returns abuse, we don’t remove questionable returns requests. All sellers receive some questionable returns, and our peer benchmarks reflect this
  • We want sellers to focus on reducing the preventable returns and not worry about disputing every return request

I know that in this situation the buyer opened the return in error, and if this was the reason you'd end up pushed into the 'Very High' category CS could look into options for you. However, because your average rate of returns in Music is stellar (0% for so long in any category is impressive) this request will not have an impact on your account standing with us whatsoever. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 61 of 61
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: