Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

when will the country exclusion list be fixed for eIS

I am having a hard time with listing showing incorrect countries

in my shipping i have none excluded yet it shows 187 are excluded with no way to edit them  I went over all of this with my concierge around a week ago and was told there is an open ticket for it

the only countries that should be excluded is the short list that starts with Barbados and has Ukraine in it.

everything  is set up just fine with my listings except for the country list

I want to ship worldwide but ebay wont let me because the system is just broken

does anyone knw the real status of this, is it just being ignored?

thank you for your help

devon@ebay

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Devon,

hope you can shed some light on ths problem

devon@ebay

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I was under the impression that the eIS exclusion list was dynamic, reflecting the category in which the item was listed.  "Jewelry and watches" may have some insurance issues that would lead to eIS excluding certain destinations, perhaps.

That said, that exclusion list is hella long and puzzling.  While many of the countries on the list are ones that you'd be unlikely to get a buyer from anyway (Has anyone here ever had a buyer from Cameroon?)  there are some that don't make a lot of sense from a risk management perspective, like New Zealand and Sweden.

By the way, this is how you tag devon@ebay.  😇

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

I was under the impression that the eIS exclusion list was dynamic, reflecting the category in which the item was listed.  "Jewelry and watches" may have some insurance issues that would lead to eIS excluding certain destinations, perhaps.

That said, that exclusion list is hella long and puzzling.  While many of the countries on the list are ones that you'd be unlikely to get a buyer from anyway (Has anyone here ever had a buyer from Cameroon?)  there are some that don't make a lot of sense from a risk management perspective, like New Zealand and Sweden.

By the way, this is how you tag devon@ebay.  😇

Hey @marnotom!! Thank you for tagging me in on this. @1tuna Let me have this shared with the correct team so they can look into it and I will report back once I have some more information to share. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I was having trouble tagging Devon

the items I sell are not prohibited in most countries and ths was verified by my concierge. my older listings were fixed for the most par but newer listing are showing a hug exclusion  list

@marnotom! 

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

The items I sell are not prohibited in most countries and ths was verified by my concierge. my older listings were fixed for the most part but newer listing are showing a hug exclusion  list

There's a difference between an item being restricted or prohibited for customs reasons and an item being subject to carrier restrictions.  I'm referring to the latter in my earlier post.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Devon, 

this is going on for 2 months. why am I unable to ship to the majority of the countries that ebay does

its not what I sell,all the other watch sellers have no problem with the exclusion list

can you look into this and see what the holdup is

devon@ebay

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Apparently it is still not fixed as of today. Although I did not have India on my exclusion list, I tried to edit my shipping exclusion (countries I do not ship to) list to make sure India is not on the list. But I'm seeing the same screens that you posted pictures of. Ugh! I have a buyer in India who is interested in purchasing an item and don't want to lose a precious sale! 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Devon,

this problem has existed since March.Can you please find out why the open ticket for it has dragged on for 5 months.  thank you

devon@ebay

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 10 of 10
latest reply