cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Contact buyer" option creates message addressed to yourself

When I choose to "contact buyer" to send them a message regarding their recent purchase, a message is created addressed to myself, and I cannot change who it is addressed to.

Any attempt to send the email results in a message that says "seller cannot ask himself/herself a question".

the error code is shown in screenshot attached.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

"Contact buyer" option creates message addressed to yourself

@keither249er  This is a known issue.  The work arounds are to use your phones browser and go to ebay.com to message the buyer OR a pc 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-iOS/Unable-to-send-a-message-to-a-buyer/m-p/28648505#M5984

My addition if you have problems with the classic view on your cell phone:  

Use your phones browser and go to ebay.com. Then using your phones browser settings request the desktop site. You will then have the same site as on a pc. You will have to zoom a lot but it does work and doesn't revert to the mobile view like the classic site does.

Android:
Chrome> Ebay.com> select the 3 dot Chrome menu in the upper right hand corner> select use desktop site

Iphone:
How to request the desktop version of a website in mobile Safari
Visit the affected site in Safari.
Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar.
Tap Request Desktop Site.

The website will then reload as its desktop version
When the site resets, there is a blue square menu icon in the upper left corner. It must be clicked to reveal the side bar showing the boxes to be checked for sold, complete, etc.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply