cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple pics can't be viewed; none can be enlarged to view

When a seller has multiple pictures of a item, only the first one can be viewed. No matter how much I refresh the page, the other ones cannot be viewed. Also, none of the pictures --  including the first picture -- can be enlarged by putting the magnifying glass cursor over them.

The problem started 10 days to 2 weeks ago, and is getting worse. At first refreshing the page solved the problem, but not any more.

I do not use a private  and/or incognito browser window, so that is not the problem. Don't tell me to clear the cache -- it automatically clears when I close the browser, so that is not the problem either.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Which browser and operating system are you using? Latest versions?

Can you enlarge photos if you use a different browser?

Or if you try a private or incognito browser window?

Or a different device?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I've been having the same problem too, starting yesterday.

Have switched to Brave, Safari, and Chrome browser, which all have the same issue.

I'm on a Mac.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Just checked on newer Mac i have, and it's having the same problems.

OS is Big Sur and Safari is 14.1.3

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Mac here as well and having the same issue, seems like it's been a week or so. It doesn't matter if I am looking at other sellers items or my own. Only way to enlarge or view there other photo's is to open them in a new window.  

My work PC and cell phone works fine. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It has been a few days now, and none of the suggestions help, and ebay has not fixed the problem.

Today I got an email from ebay telling me to go to this post and  "mark one [or the replies] as an Accepted Solution." How arrogant. The problem still exists.

This problem seems to be affecting computer - both old and new - on both sides of the Atlantic. The assumption is that it is a problem with our computers, not ebay's.  Does anyone from ebay monitor these forums?

This problem is also discussed here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/can-t-add-items-to-watchlist-this-morning...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Wound up reaching out to eBay's twitter account via direct message.  Seems they're still in the collecting infomation phase.  Requested that they revert the change that occured last week.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Right now, things seem to be working just fine. The problem seems fixed.

Hope it stays this way.

I do wonder, though why it took so long for them to fix the problem  ? ? ?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

For a while the problem was fixed.

But as of yesterday (May 4), I cannot zoom in a pictures, and I cannot move from one picture to the next. Sometimes refreshing the page helps, but not all the time.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply