cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messages not showing up in inbox

For the past week my messages from sellers and buyers will not show up in my ebay inbox but I get an email on my gmail account,.  So strange. What to do? 

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: messages not showing up in inbox

Nov 12. 2017  - Got a notification that there's a message from a potential buyer of an item. But in my eBay InBox, there's no message. Apparently this has been going on since April, - 8 months now - and no solution yet? Pretty bad support by eBay, but not surprising. I don't have a phone number for  eBay "tech support".

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

Same issue.  Messages are not showing up in my eBay message inbox and no notifications on my phone/tablet.  Wouldn't even know I had the messages until I checked my actual email account.  Even then, I can only respond to the messages on my tablet (my phone or laptop won't let me respond...)...

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Not really a helpful repply. I saw this problem last week, then it went away.

Now, November 14th, I see messages on my iPhone but not in eBay's message system.

SIGH.

Hope someone from eBay is monitoring these complains and can tell us when it's fixed.

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

Add me to the list - it's been happening for about a week now.  Brutal!!

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

Same issue here.  Very concerning.  

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

Me too, I have a customer who sent me 2 messages, is concerned about the delay in shipping (stuck in USPS twilight zone) and is **bleep** I didn’t respond. I can see a neutral/negative coming my way because of this nonsense. 

Message 21 of 47
latest reply

Ebay needs to fix this. I find it strange that no one from Ebay has responded to this problem. I can't tell if my questions to seller have been answered or if things that I bought have been shipped.

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

Same! Started happening 2 days ago, thankfully im still getting notifications via email, no idea if my responses are reaching buyers though.... 

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

I have been having the same problem for a while. Has anyone gotten this resolved??

I will receive a message in my personal email, but when I go to my ebay account to respond to a customer, the message in not there. 

Just spent a half hour on phone with technical support.  They have no idea why this is happening and seem to be confused.  They said they will look into it and get back to me tomorrow. 

Very frustrating to say the least.

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

I've been having this issue, among others, for quite some time now.  First, if a buy has a question about one of my items, I do get a "notification" in the upper right hand back, and I do get a message in my inbox.  However, when I respond to the question, even adding the question and response to my listing, the "Respond to Question" in big red letters never goes away.  And in my summary, it says I still have to respond to question.  Another issue that I'm really upset about is that I do not get a notification at all if someone makes an offer on one of my listings.  The only "ebay inbox" message I get says "Your offer has expired."  What offer?  I never saw it.  This happened two times, both within the past week.  On the first one, it had the name of the person who made the offer so I was able to contact them and sell them the item.  The second one was completely different.  When I go to the "my selling" page that lists all of my items for sale, I'll see "Respond to Offer" in blue letters at the far right of the listing.  I never got a notification of this offer.  When I click on it, it says I have no offers.  Another problem I'm having with "Best Offer" is that ebay has taken it upon itself to automatically deny any offer they feel is unreasonable.  They didn't ask me if I wanted to do this.  Ebay has inserted an "Automatically deny any offers under the amount of $..."  I wasn't given the option to do this when I made the listing.  I still can't do this when I list my item.  The only time I can change the setting to "never automatically reply or deny" is when I'm looking at my "non-existent" offer on a particular item.  How do I change that?  Who knows how many offers I've gotten that have been automatically denied?????  This is unacceptable.  And another thing.  I'm not receiving feedback!!!  I have 4 items that have been sold with no problem.  I have left positive feedback but I haven't gotten any back.  I've been on ebay since 2004 and this has NEVER happened.  I have been sending the buyers messages through ebay requesting that if their package arrived safely and undamaged, would they please leave me feedback.  No reply.  This has happened now with 4 people.  What is going on?   I called ebay and talked with a representative who sounded like he was in another country.  At first, he said he couldn't help me with my particular issue and he'd forward my call to someone who can.  He put me on hold, it sounded like it was transferring, and then the same guy picked up the phone saying he was from a different department.  I said, "Oh, it's still you.  I guess the transfer didn't go through."  He denied talking to me, insisted he was someone else and said he would put in a request for "someone" to look at my account.  Well, nothing has changed.  I'm afraid I will lose my "Above Standard" seller rating if these things keep happening.  Might have to switch to Etsy.

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

I've tried to change my settings so that I can get a text message when someone makes an offer, buys an item or has a question. There is NO option at all to have messages automatically sent to my phone. There is, however, a box I can check to allow ebay to make automated calls to my phone regarding special sales coming up. Really? What is going on?
Message 26 of 47
latest reply

21 days? You could have negative feedback by then. This is getting scary.
Message 27 of 47
latest reply

SAME THING HAPPENING TO ME! I AM MISSING BUSINESS FIX THIS!

Message 28 of 47
latest reply

Hi - I'm having the same issue as most have already stated. Basically, this is what happens:

1) A buyer has a question about an item, they ask through eBay (app or web) and send message as needed.

2) I receive an email that was auto-generated from eBay (sent to my Google Gmail).

Ok, looking good so far...however:

3) Within that email, I hit the BIG BLUE REPLY BUTTON - again, keep in mind this is an auto-generated email FROM EBAY!

4) It now takes me to eBay, HOWEVER, the message they said was there is NOT!

Meaning, I have to reply to the user through my Google Gmail account...there is no way I can even reply through eBay messages, because it doesn't show that message!

Also, as others have already stated, because I had to reply to user through my email, eBay thinks that I did NOT reply to customer, so it continues to show UNANSWERED QUESTION in small red block above my items for sale.

As a longtime member of eBay, but a NEW SELLER...this is completely unacceptable.

Communication between Buyers & Sellers is the #1 most important aspect of a pleasant experience for the Buyer.

How can eBay let this problem persist without resolution?

eBay...FIX THIS!!!

Thanks,

m_a_x_p_o_w_e_r

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

I too raised this problem late last week with Ebay and they haven't gotten back to me

Message 30 of 47
latest reply