cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked out of account , cannot contact anyone for assistance

I SOMEHOW AM LOCKED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT (after entering the CORRECT password) and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO FIX IT WITHOUT COMMUNICATING WITH A PERSON.

...I was told I HAVE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD TO LOG IN ", ...."BUT I HAVE TO LOG IN FIRST TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD"  , It says contact ebay immediately for account or identity issues but NONE OF THE CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS WORK . The CONTACT SUPPORT EMAIL requires me to LOG IN FIRST first , which again, "I CANNOT DO " ..I HAD to SIGN INTO MY old ACCOUNT (this one)  TO MESSAGE ALL OF THIS TO SUPPORT and when I SENT IT  IT SAID  " " THANK YOU FOR THE """SUGGESTION"""  , "WE DO NOT REPLY TO THESE" and just SENT ME BACK TO THE Q&A page.  EVEN SIGNED IN I CANNOT ACTUALLY GET HELP FROM ANYONE . Eventually , after TRYING 10 DEFFERENT numbers and EVEN TRYING THE "FRAUD HOTLINE"   i got through to a MACHINE that just either just HUNG UP ON ME or REDIRECTED BACK TO THE SELF HELP PAGE (regardless of what option i chose AND I TRIED THEM ALL)" AND THEN Q&A AGAIN JUST TELLS ME TO CONTACT SUPPORT IMMEDIATELY "in an ENDLESS INSANITY LOOP ". There are several reasons I need to access my account ASAP - AND THIS ISSUE IS COSTING ME a COUPLE  THOUSAND DOLLARS  BECAUSE I CANNOT RETURN A DEFECTIVE ITEM WITHIN THE TIME  ALLOWED This has been 7 hours of complete insanity.. 
When i first tried to log in to TRY AND RESET MY PASSWORD  (as forced to do)  it sent an AUTHORIZATION CODE to a PHONE I NO LONGER HAVE ,....A PHONE # that I CANNOT UPDATE because when i TRY  to UPDATE  IT, I AM FORCED TO SIGN IN AGAIN and INPUT A CONFORMATION  CODE  SENT TO THE  SAME ""PHONE # I NO LONGER HAVE "" AND  ""TRIED TO UPDATE""  please someone ..help!  I HAVE PAYED MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO EBAY OVER THE YEARS AND CAN't even GET 2 MINUTES OF SIMPLE HELP. IT IS HARD NOT TO BE BOTH FURIOUS AND DISGUSTED AT THIS. IF SOMEONE CAN HELP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT !!  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Send a private message to ebay through this Facebook account. They'll require some identifying information that you'll prove your identity. 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Not having a valid phone number for your account will certainly complicate changing your password if you cannot sign in. You can change your phone number or your password, but you cannot do both at the same time.

If you go to the sign in page for your account, do you see any options available if you use the "Need help signing in?" link on the password screen? Try the "Reset your password" option if available. You may be able to reset your password via email.

eburtonlab_1-1649993455271.png

You can reach eBay by going to the Help & Contact page. You do not need to be signed in to do this. Use the "Contact us" link. Choose the Account category. Then select "Account holds, restrictions, and suspensions". You should see an option for the Chat Assistant. Use that. It will open a chat window and request that you sign in. Choose "I can't sign in".

eburtonlab_0-1649993106584.png

That should give you some options for contacting eBay and possibly getting help with accessing your account.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

if you're still having this issue. i had a somewhat similar problem. cuz i no longer have the phone that was used. if you create an account with the same email, you can choose to replace the old account. it'll give you email confirmation.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I love the amazing grammar usage here. truly epic.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I too,had to call the ebay@Philippines, was put on hold for 20 minutes and talked to a Philippino ebay rep to unlock my account. I will not buy or sell from ebay anymore. Let my account be dormant. Ebay is a **bleep**ty company!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I got locked out of my account because someone snatched my phone. I wasn't getting password reset emails and couldn't complete 2 step verification to access my account. It was a nightmare so after 3 months I got eBay on the phone for another reason. When I eventually got back into my account. I noticed unsent stuff and negative feedback.

It seems I also have no rights as I explained the situation to eBay CS and they won't remove any feedback and I got defects because items were sent late because I couldn't accessy account.

They made me below standard and won't change their minds. I've been treated really badly 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply