cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay guides , photo's do not upload.

I have been trying to upload photo's for an ebay guide that i am writing.  I have tried numerous times over the last couple of days and the loading wheel spins but the photo does not upload even after leaving it for a few hours.  I have tried making my photo's the minimum size, I have deleted my guide and started over, twice. the photos will simply not upload.  I have listed some new items to my store in the last couple days, and photos upload just fine there but not on the guides program.  any help would be apreciated.

With Regards,
Essential Dive Gear
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: ebay guides , photo's do not upload.

I have the same issue - the spinner does not advance after uploading. 

I have tried a 2kb image and a 1MB image

For the 1MB image I see the "% uploaded" text reach 100%, and then the spinner just keeps spinning

I have tried writing out text first, tagging the guide and saving it
I have tried new guides and drafts

I have tried two browsers - Chrome & FireFox (both updated)

Listing photos upload. Guide photos do not. 

I called eBay and they said they couldn't help because it was a feature for the .com site and not the .co.uk site, which is insane bc I am following a link from .co.uk to create it on .co.uk 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I'm having exactly the same problem and have also tried all the usual fixes as suggested above and by Ebay but with no success.  Hopefully it is an Ebay glitch that will be resolved!

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Spoke to customer service on the 4th April to report this and sent detailed error report. 

Got reply from Christopher:

"Thank you for writing back to eBay with regard to uploading photos for buying guides. I appreciate your efforts in trying the solutions on the issue.

First I can see that your details have already been forwarded to the Technical Team and can confirm that this is an ongoing issue on the site. I can assure you that when these situations do arise we always work as quickly as possible to try and solve the problems. This is very important to us, as we want our community of users to enjoy the best possible trading experience and use all of the features available on the site.

We won’t be able to provide any specific time when this issue will be resolved, but you can be assured that we are tagging the issue with high priority to the technical department in order to expedite a resolution. Once again I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter."

Chased it up again today and got told that it would be escalated and looked at within 72 working hours, which is fine. Fingers crossed it will be fixed soon!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Anybody's issue with uploading eBay Guide photo resolved?  Have been spinning "Uploading" for three weeks now.  Google researching indicates this issue started in Septemeber 2013.  Uh oh.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I am experiencing the same problem right now, did anyone from last month end up getting it to work?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

No, and eBay do not care about fixing it

I have been making weekly calls about this for months. Despite logging it with "the highest priority" they cannot provide updates.

They are never able to help - they often cannot even access the ticket. Many times they say "I'm having trouble with this" and then repeat a totally different problem "Hi I understand you have problems selling something?"

They then make me repeat the problem every time I phone, and all the things I have tried
They refuse to transfer me
They say, every time, that all managers and supervisors are in a meeting

This won't get fixed. I am going to see if anyone on Facebook can enlighten us but it will likely be the same **bleep** copy/paste repsose. I have about 30 emails all like this:

"First I can see that your details have already been forwarded to the Technical Team and can confirm that this is an ongoing issue on the site. I can assure you that when these situations do arise we always work as quickly as possible to try and solve the problems. This is very important to us, as we want our community of users to enjoy the best possible trading experience and use all of the features available on the site.

We won’t be able to provide any specific time when this issue will be resolved, but you can be assured that we are tagging the issue with high priority to the technical department in order to expedite a resolution. Once again I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you."

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Oh and the ticket number is SR# 1-109522519640

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I see that this issue (on this thread) goes back to the beginning of this year, and it is September 2017.

I am having the same issue.  The application will not let me post a guide until I enter either a YouTube lilnk or a Picture.  Well,the picture says loading, and then nothing....

Created a new Guide, copy/pasted my information and tags. Saved. Clicked Publish, it will not let me publish until a picture or YouTube link is posted. I try to load a picture and the system goes into waiting mode (swirling circle in picture box that says (for days) that it is loading.

Perhaps some day when they are bought out by Google thinigs will improve, but that is a long way off...

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

To all having this same problem: 

I, too, have joined your ranks.  It is now 1/2018.  It appears that eBay is not interested in posting guides.  They are, after all, in the selling business; that is, not in education.   They suffer from tunnel vision.  They do not realize that an educated seller can provide customers with superior service & educated buyers can make the best choices.  Knowledge is a powerful commodity when searching for truth in advertising.   Their stance is quite clear; "Caveat emptor".   "Let the buyer beware."  It makes it very difficult to have faith in the integrity of the individual seller, no less the integrity of eBay specifically.  I am most distressed by this issue.  I'm sure that all who have experienced this situation are upset as well.  Serenity to all........

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

This is still a problem... going on for over 2 years now, and I logged this a year ago.

Called eBay, spoke to Mark, and gave reference: 1-109522519640

I have tried .jpg, .gif, .tif, .png, .bmp

I have tried a 50px x 50px image, of 1kb in size, and it will not upload

Mark has confirmed that he cannot upload either.

"This is still going on, since we have an open department for Technical Issues, he will talk to them, send some screenshots."

Mark will make a follow up and call me back.

THANK YOU, MARK!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Photos not loading for me too and No way to cancel the loading process. Attempting to Save and continue later gives me this message.

"Please wait for your photos to upload before continuing"...

...problem with this suggestion is that could take forever.

Is Ebay a barrel of laughs or what??

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

How much longer eBay? I just created some artwork for my Guide and I can't even show it. And you guys have known about this issue since more than 2 years ago? I'm seriously thinking and pondering about getting as many people as I can to ditch eBay and switch to another website if eBay doesn't do a 100% overhaul of their website and the system behind the website. I hate finding loose ends on here as a Seller. As a Buyer before I was a Seller, I was totally fine with everything - I couldn't find anything that needed fixing. But now that I'm a Seller, I keep finding things that really need fixing. I'm surprised that YouTubers have it better, in terms of behind-the-scenes on the websites. Meaning, there's very little to nothing that needs fixing on the website itself on YouTube while it's the total opposite on eBay. And, yes, I have experience as a YouTuber and a Seller. Although, I've stopped my YouTube career as I now only have a laptop that has somewhere around 300-400MB of RAM.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

It is my guess that eBay is phasing out guides or intends to end them.

One clue is stuff like this.  Something doesn't work, but they don't fix it.

On another ID, I have at least 6 guides, but eBay only displays one of them.

The guide editor shows you one thing, but when you publish it, the fonts are different sizes.

When you specify a category at the end of editing, it does not remember it when you edit the guide.

They have already removed the comments section at the bottom of guides.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I have the same error. Ebay suggests "I clear my cache" and try another browser, which still yields the same result.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply