cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Tech Team is the worst one across the board

Problem after problem, each day brings out new issues! I have never visited any major site which has this many technical glitches, and repeatedly so. Pages do not load, images do now show, unable to check-out, unable to conduct searches, and on, and on...

Instead of concentrating to improve the current platform and its numerous problems, they seem to be constantly chasing new and nonsensical "upgrades" which few find useful.

- For us who bid on numerous items, this endless stream of pop-ups each time we turn a page is annoying as heck, as they block portion of page images and slow down searches;

- Unable to add to the Shopping Cart after 99 items - Don't you want our $$$?;

- Paying for the items from the Purchase Page is not synchronized with the Checkout Cart;

- If buyer is refunded by seller, one can not "Hide" the items on the Purchase Page - they not only stay and clutter the page, but the items show as "Unpaid" again;

- One can not hide more than 25 items on "Outbid" and "Not Won" pages;

- There should be an option on the Checkout Page to pay chosen sellers (instead of paying them one-by-one, or all together; and the 'Remove" button works item-by-item and takes forever to load;

- One should have an option to block (all) sellers from specific country;

- Private auctions should not be an option, as they are for the most part a cesspool of fraud;

- Buyers' ID should be displayed in feedback section, as it is done on Amazon, Etsy, and all major webpages. I guess only eBay finds transparency troubling.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: eBay's Tech Team is the worst one across the board

@sacre*coeur  Nice to hear from a Buyer on issues that's for sure.  Some of your suggestions make sense.  I'm curious though about the comment on "Private Auctions" ... do you mean a normal Auction listing on eBay? Or some type of special eBay Auction listing?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

<I'm curious though about the comment on "Private Auctions" ... do you mean a normal Auction listing on eBay? Or some type of special eBay Auction listing?>

Regardless. What is the point of private auctions?

I have been an active seller and a buyer on multiple accounts since 1999, and it pains me greatly to see what has become of eBay. It used to be a fantastic vehicle back in the day, not only on the merchant front but also as a social platform. It used to be joyful to log in; these days it became a necessary evil.

I addressed only technical issued in my post, though my main objection remains the overwhelming and uncontrolled fraud - each page which I visit on my numerous searches related to my business contain over 90% of fake items, and by that I mean blatantly fake. I tried the best I could to warn, plead, report...all to no avail. The sad truth is that eBay does not care about anything but their coffers.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Privat listings can be auction or fixed price - https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/private.html

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

private listings are great for those of us that make custom items or want to offer a discount to a repeat customer or shop
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Everything used to be Transparent which helped stop shill-bidding. A seller could see problem buyers in advance and could block scammers who treat sellers unfairly with negative feedback coercion for items clearly described with flaws etc.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM TODAY?...7-26-2017...I CANT ACCESS MY MESSAGES OR CUSTOMER SERVICE...
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yeah.. and they have equally qualified support to act as a human shield.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MASSIVE-BUG-OVER-500-PAID-INTERNATIONAL-ITEMS-NOT-SHOW...

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

For the last several days my Ebay cart has trouble loading.  I have to keep hitting cart for the page to refresh and hope and pray I will ACTUALLY see the cart.  What's going on.  I haven't changed anything on my end regarding my computer.  Another tech glitch I guess!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I totally agree. These Outbid notice Pop ups are counter productive to buying. The pop ups occupy the screen which prohibits making new bids, or doing any Buy It Now or responding to other communications. The Pop Ups slow my computer down and make using e-bay anything but a pleasant experience. Trying to address this problem directly with a technical persona is impossible. Directly communicating with e-bay other than by telephone is not happening. The entire e-bay experience is horrible. I am one nerve away from become a dedicated AMAZON buyer.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Your reply is false.  There is absolutley NOTHING that tells Buyers how to opt out or STOP receiving  the annyoing and useless (Buying) Out Bid pop ups that interfere with e-bay access and transactions.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply