cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay places hold on my payouts for so called lost shipping

I mailed out 5 packages using the ESUS envelope mailing system. Buyer claims he has not received item but checking the shipping it left my city and arrived at his address on 10-18-23 at 5:22pm. eBay puts ho;d on my account???? It clearly shows item has left and arrived in the correct city. Just how is this my fault. I removed all my listing and changed to a barcode tracking after this SNAFU. I love to hear how I should be out the sale when I used eBay shipping system. I can not control the post office. I feel eBay needs to step up and cover the buyers loss. But it shows arrived?????

I have another buyer saying it was suppose to arrive on the 21st mailed in WV on the 18th mailed to San Fransisco. I see it out for delivery again today. I do not know but to ship that far in 3 days lol So he is upset I explained this ESUS does not track. Post office says must have barcode to track. Wake up eBay and get smart.

Mailed out 800 packages never lost one and now using the cheap shipping everything falls apart and Just how is this my fault again. The other 3 are delivered with positive feedback. NO MORE CHEAP SHIPPING RATES!!!

LC 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay places hold on my payouts for so called lost shipping

The buyer could be telling the truth.

Sometimes they'll get scanned as delivered, but not actually get delivered for a day or two.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ebay Standard Envelope is an abomination.

The tracking which indicates delivered is not done upon delivery but may be days before.

Scans are erratic and delivery times as long as three weeks.

Stop using it if it is putting your payments and account at risk. I've stopped.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

From reading here on the forums, the ESUS envelopes are as sub-standard as you can go for shipping aside from a envelope and a stamp. 

Sellers are always responsible for the shipping they use. Live and learn.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I understand eBay states you can put a coin in a eBay standard envelope....and that is what is stated in the rules of eBay. You technically cannot mail a coin in a eBay standard envelope per the post office.

These envelopes go as "metered mail' and not as a "stamped envelope". 

I would never mail a coin in a stamped envelope per USPS. A seller would be taking chance if it makes it to its destination. Yea...I am sure sellers will say I am wrong as usual.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Although this forum has had some posts comparing ESE to stamped mail, I can see no reliable documentation of a difference in handling.

The different slots at the PO go back to the days when stamped mail was postmarked at the origin PO.

That is no longer the case for many, especially small POs. The postmark is applied at a regional center not the local PO and is not specific to the origin PO.

I believe, but cannot prove that automation decides whether to postmark in this modern age.

I believe that the problems with ESE are limited sorters which also scan, rigidity issues, and problems reading the code on the ESE label. But I can prove none of it. They may also be the effects of the tape many sellers use over the labels.

There is another name for this service when offered on other sites which resell postage and I am not sure whether the fare better.

Since I only use this service on a limited number of listings which are my lowest priced listings, I may be more sensitive to its flaws.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Stop using ESUS. It’s that simple. Do your research on how bad it is and never use it again. Yep, it’s cheap but it does not provide accurate shipping and makes it easy for anyone in the shipping process to steal items too. Any seller still using it that knows what it is and how it works is reckless and not someone that should be trusted. ESUS is anti-buyer and a massive headache for sellers. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply