cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Standard Label - Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label

Second time in two weeks I have received the "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label" when trying to generate an eBay International Standard Delivery label.

Usually when this occurs, there is a problem with the Buyer's address (e.g. too many characters), which is easily remedied.  However, these last two times there is nothing obvious, nor are there any helpful error messages indicating what the problem may be.

I've refreshed.

I've logged out/in of eBay.

I've tried a different browsers (Microsoft Edge and Firefox).

I've tried my mobile device, but you can't generate an International label from the Mobile App.

Still. Can. Not. Print. Due. To. Error. Message.

When this happened last week, I bypassed the eBay International Standard Delivery Shipping label and went directly with a USPS Priority Mail Express International label through eBay Shipping Labels (VERY expensive, but I needed it shipped).  I may go the same route this time, USPS First-Class Package International label vs. the problematic for no obvious reason eBay International Standard Delivery label.  (Update: After multiple troubleshooting attempts by reading the Tech Issues resolutions (e.g. rounding weight up, etc), NOTHING resolved the issue, and I chose a USPS First Class Package International label which printed on the 1st pass without an issue.)

>>>> THIS IS DEFINITELY AN ISSUE WITH EBAY SHIPPING LABELS <<<<

Is this a systemic issue?   The Holiday season approaches and this needs to be FIXED.  I've enjoyed the benefits of the eBay International Shipping option, but will be removing it from my listings if this is not fixed soon.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: eBay International Standard Label - Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the la

I believe there's a system issue on printing eBay international label  you can contact eBay support to know more about the issue. And you can use available services in your end and ask for credit for difference.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: eBay International Standard Label - Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the la

It's now January 2022 ...and this error is STILL occurring 6 months later, since the original Seller reported the problem here.  It just happened to me when attempting to print an eBay International Standard Delivery shipping label.  The 'error message' is the first gripe I have; it states '...YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS..' has problems; it sure as heck is not MY shipping address; for if it were, there would be no problem. IT would be entered properly and validated and 100% functional. The problem is occurring when the Buyer initially enters their personal info on their eBay account, using their toes to type with, or whatever--seldom capitalizing anything, throwing their zip code wherever they want to; using nicknames and emoticons, etc. Then, the 'system' tells them, '..OK, looks good!..' and lets Sellers deal with the mess. IT shouldn't be difficult to set up the REQUIRED CRITERIA for a PROPER SHIPPING ADDRESS as these people sign up for their accounts. MAKE THEM get it right, the FIRST TIME, or they DON'T GET AN ACCOUNT! Problem solved, right..? Oh yeah, sorry...since it's NOT eBAy's problem, what do they care...? 

-----------------------
Message 3 of 3
latest reply