cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay GLITCH ALERT! Ebay charging for gallery plus in Collectibles!

Ebay has done it again! In late 2021 there was a glitch where they started charging fees for gallery plus pictures where they should be free in Collectibles categories. I put on a new listing this morning and noticed that they had started doing this again some time in the past 24 hours. This impacts all RELISTED items as well, so I have been charged an additional $118. Ebay will deny the problem and bury it but all sellers need to be aware and flood them with calls so that they fix it as soon as possible. I'm currently talking with a rep who has no clue what is going on!

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: eBay GLITCH ALERT! Ebay charging for gallery plus in Collectibles!

Try over $13,700.  How quick will it be taken out of my bank account versus put back in?

Screenshot 2023-02-15 130443.jpg

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

I have 12,500 items up so about 400 each day roll over and I was hit for $252 before they fixed the initial problem. If there are 10,000 eBay sellers who are as big or bigger than me that would be well over 2 million dollars. If there are another 100,000 that each had about 10 items affected that is another million dollars.

And all because they never bothered to try and prevent the same problem they had already had. Absolutely unbelievable!

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

I made the mistake of contacting ebay for business about the $13,700 in **bleep** Gallery Plus fees.  Pretty poor whenthey have zero clue about what is actually happening:   "Thank you for that. I reviewed the Gallery plus on your listings, and it looks like they were placed on all your listings showing the fee. The Gallery fee is a listing feature we provide, and it is not refundable. This feature allows buyers to see a large pop-up window instantly so your buyer’s can see a bigger picture of your item. If you edited your items in bulk and clicked the box in your listing template saying listing gallery plus, it could cause multiple items to have this feature. It is also possible for this feature to be in a single listing if gallery plus is checked. I completely see why this is concerning, and I am here with you. I will make sure to notate the account about this issue. Have a great rest of your night. ~Tiffany"

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Unsure if this was mentioned previously. or not. The whole situation is giving me a major headache. According to the dot com announcement the price change is affective Feb 15, 2023. On dot ca the price change is April 1. Unsure of why the difference but how it reads. Has anyone been able to confirm if the fee change was turned on or off correctly in the sub-categories of Antiques? Or was it maybe hit or miss?

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

No categories that had free gallery plus before this update should have been charged. This was entirely an eBay generated problem. So you do not have to edit any of your listings. As of yesterday they had refunded the money they had taken from me. I just hope they have learned something and will not make the same mistake for a 3rd time 6 months or a year from now.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

@paytonrules2003 wrote:

No categories that had free gallery plus before this update should have been charged. This was entirely an eBay generated problem. So you do not have to edit any of your listings. As of yesterday they had refunded the money they had taken from me. I just hope they have learned something and will not make the same mistake for a 3rd time 6 months or a year from now.

@paytonrules2003 

Because eBay bills per listing(listing upgrade fees it has caused seller(s) to be billed immediately for the gallery error if they had no funds either available or pending. The back up would be the attached bank account/cc.  It could potentially cause NSF charges (overdraft(. I had this happen to me at the beginning of eBay when a buyer wanted to change the shipping so only option was to refund and relist for the buyer. Their refund was pulled from my bank account causing a 45.00 charge for something I had no control over. In theory these should be straight reversals but does not seem to be the way things happen in eBay land.

In hearing from a few other sellers this billing nightmare has happened to they were told they had to be corrected 1 at a time. Another peril caused by the lack of a monthly itemized invoice.

-Lotz

As a side, I've even heard of this happening when sellers sold a promoted item  and the associated fee was pulled from the bank account vs the pending transaction. 

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Honestly, I had Gallery Plus on all of my listings, and had no idea what is this feature for. I tried it just after I got my first charge ....  and it makes no sense to me.  Believe me, like most of you, I am also a frequent Ebay BUYER, and buy at least 50 items every month. And I NEVER EVER clicked on this strange magnifying glass to enlarge the first photo.  Yesterday, I removed this weird and obsolete feature from all my 3.000 listings and do not plan to add it in the future at all. 

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

Honestly, I had Gallery Plus on all of my listings, and had no idea what is this feature for. I tried it just after I got my first charge ....  and it makes no sense to me.  Believe me, like most of you, I am also a frequent Ebay BUYER, and buy at least 50 items every month. And I NEVER EVER clicked on this strange magnifying glass to enlarge the first photo.  Yesterday, I removed this weird and obsolete feature from all my 3.000 listings and do not plan to add it in the future at all. 

Possibly from an eBay perspective, whenever the fee is applicable, it is considered a "Bad eyes" Tax!!!  🙄

-Lotz

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Same thing here. Just noticed it today, but thanks to this forum I'm going to look at my whole account because I'm sure they've been scamming me the whole time. I'm chatting with a clueless rep who keeps reiterating what categories are free. I keep telling her that when I see 0.00 and provide you with a screenshot of where I selected that from, that's free also. They want to charge us for their glitch and that's not happening because I'm turning this over to the authorities because it's illegal. It's basically bait and switch so I suggest everyone do that too, make a formal complaint with the FTC. 

Message 39 of 39
latest reply