cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I suggest to eBay filter options for a particular type of product??

Hi, all.

This is both an engineering issue but really is more of a UX > business case issue.

I realized while searching a couple of different types of specialized products on the site,  that in certain product categories that might have either rapidly changing category information, or when there is markedly specific industry/market/type/coloquial nomenclature people use to search within a product category, eBay's search filters become quickly out of synch with how people actually look for those things.

For example, when searching in sporting goods for a Kayak,  the only options you get are "generic product" filter options such as color, general type, brand, model, but not paddle enthusiast specific ones.

For example things like width/length/draft; rudder/skeg; seat type; construction material; usage (ocean/lakes/rivers); paddle included, etc--option you would find in a more specialized store, but necessary to find a specific type of kayak are not available here.

This lead to a separation of the research and buying process from eBay (ie you need to specifically know what you are looking for before coming to eBay; meaning you will miss items that might fit your need but not generally well known.) 

Another example would be in computers/computer parts/ motherboards. Here the issue is that the rate of change in features doesn't match the sites ability to keep up. For example if I wanted today to search for ATX with rear facing connectors + 4 x USB4/TB4 + 5 M2 PCIe5 (not a real product but perhaps a near future one)  I would not be able to search with those terms as these features are not common today and not easily included by sellers making new listings.

To me what would be an incredible additional value to the site experience, would be an easy way, for people to add filter suggestions which can then be reviewed and either voted on or approved by expert users/sellers and verification by eBay staff.  In a sense a content addition system a la wikipedia.

What do you all think?

But also is this the proper channel to make this suggestion? is there a place where I can directly communicate this kind of feature request to eBay staff?

Thanks

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0