cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When listing item, the ITEM CATEGORY is not auto suggesting categories anymore based on the title ?

For years, when i created a listing and changed the title to the current item I was listing, the Item Category section would suggest a few categories and I would choose the most appropriate and they were almost always correct.  For the past few months, it doesn't auto populate anymore and I have to manually find the category for each listing.  This is a pain as it slows down the listing speed.  I am hoping others have this same issue and we can get this fixed!  Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: When listing item, the ITEM CATEGORY is not auto suggesting categories anymore based on the titl

I've experienced the same.

If I sell similar and update the listing title, then click edit next to category - the system no longer suggests an appropriate category unless I type terms into the search box.

It's very inefficient.

Perhaps kyle@ebay can get our feedback to the selling team.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: When listing item, the ITEM CATEGORY is not auto suggesting categories anymore based on the titl

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I've experienced the same.

If I sell similar and update the listing title, then click edit next to category - the system no longer suggests an appropriate category unless I type terms into the search box.

It's very inefficient.

Perhaps kyle@ebay can get our feedback to the selling team.

Hey @wastingtime101 and @modernvintagevibes thanks for pointing this out.  I will be glad to get this over the appropriate team for review!  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

kyle@ebay  Woah, that would be awesome!  Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

this issue has existed for months and been previously reported on this forum with no resolution

Message 5 of 5
latest reply