cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch list - Add to your list (category) watch list is GONE

I had created a catergorized watch list (your lists) of items I want to purchase at a latter date.  Now when I go to an item that I want to add to one of my lists, that option is gone.  The only option available now is "Watch", which does not allow me to put that item in one of my catergorized watch list. 

The drop down window arrow is gone, which use to allow me to add that item into my list of categories. (aka Your Lists)

I WANT MY WATCH LIST - ADD TO YOUR LIST -LINK (drop down window) BACK>>>>>

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Watch list - Add to your list (category) watch list is GONE

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Unfortunately, eBay has been testing format changes to the Watch button for the last couple of months.

If you'll check around technical issues for this specific thread:

Add to list feature is gone - You'll find postings from another couple of hundred eBay customers who ARE NOT enjoying being guinea pigs.

Some days we have the old Watch button with Add to List drop down, some days we have the revised Watch button - no drop down.

If you have the WATCH only button - You can still add to your lists but the process is time consuming and unwieldy:

First - you need to add items to the main Watch list.
Then - go to All Lists on the left side of your summary page. Click on it - EVERY single item on every single list you have should appear. You will have to scroll through them searching for everything you've added to the main Watch list that you want to move to a different list.
Click on the box next to the item listing then scroll to the top or bottom of the page where there should be an Add to List box - click on it and your individual lists should appear - click on the list where you want to move the item.
After you've finished moving your stuff around - delete each item you no longer want on your master Watch list.

Personally - If I want to move things around on Watch only days - I have to scroll through roughly eight hundred items which takes quite a bit of time. eBay took something that worked efficiently and well and decided making managing our lists a freaking nightmare was somehow good customer service.

We've been screaming for an end to this experiment for weeks.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.  It is CRAZY to mess with the Add to list link since people love it so much.  

What format change could possible be worth all this hasle?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Another thing I have purchase less items since they took away my Add to list option.  Is that what they are going for (less purchases) cause that is what they are getting.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I don't know.

I can tell you eBay now has fourteen pages and counting of negative reaction comments from its customers - which in the context of its discussion forums - is an absolutely astronomical number of pages.

Yet the torture continues.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Does anyone monitor these tech issue posts.  There is a problem with so many people reporting it, but no one to fix the problem.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I keep declining their nagging to "try the new beta" but yesterday my list categories disappeared. Arrggghhh.  Been buying on EBay for many years and occasionally selling. They change formats so often it keeps the learning curve constant... I'd rather be shopping or selling than re-learning how to use the site!  Even though they ask what we think or do we want to try the "new format" and we say NOOOOoooooooooo! they still do it. My husband jokes that it is "job security" for the hired techies. grrrrr.                Sorry. not helpful unless just commiseration.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You can also log onto ebay through the Canadian portal.  The save to list option is still there.  www.ebay.ca.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the workaround - I'll give it a try but I'm willing to bet it will revert to whatever eBay uses for U.S parameters once I'm in.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply