cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to ship via USPS International First Class * ERROR RECEIVED*

I am a power seller and ship via USPS First Class International on a regular basis.  Today, I am unable to ship using that method and I have items that need to go out tomorrow.  I have tried moving the weight up and down and still no joy.  The items are only 6 ounces...very light.  Trying to ship to the UK and Germany...both locations I have done many , many times.

The error I get is:  

We had a problem retrieving the label. [Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I am also a Power Seller who is having the same problem with items going to Japan, Germany, and Portugal.  The problem occurs on multiple browsers.  After I send this reply, I will contact customer service.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

I get the same issue while trying to ship a 4 oz package to Canada.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

This is also happening on both of my eBay stores...  I talked at length with eBay support...  they were initially giving out wrong information about the problem that made it look like it was the post office's fault

Starting today, the US post office requires any international delivery that is NOT a document to be sent as a package.   That should NOT be a problem for most sellers who are shipping things internationally, because they are not shipping things as a letter/flat.  HOWEVER, it appears that either eBay (or Pitney Bowes, which provides the label printing software for eBay) introduced a defect in to their system today as part of that change. 

It appears that PayPal labels are also having the same problem, so the easy work-around is gone.  You should be able to go to USPS.com and print out a label... except of course you won't be getting any shipping discounts...

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Yup, same problem here, trying to ship to Australia and Canada.

Message is the same as mentioned above.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

If its not fixed quickly Ebay needs to adjust the one day shipping requirement most of us have.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I also got the same message...hopefully it's fixed quickly

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

I am having the same error. If Ebay can't quickly fix it, I would hope that they inform customers that the additional wait time is due to their technical difficulty. Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 8.00.13 PM.png

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

No luck with USPS site either...they tell you that you need to go to a PHYSICAL USPS site. Paypal really screwed with me stating that I had to end my Premier account and open a business one and then I could print International labels....what a joke...an hour later after reconfiguring my  whole life...I still can't print. eBay now tells me that the shipment I have to Russia can only be taken to the post office.....it even gave me a MAP to the closest post office! I am sure it has to do with the new fee schedule...how difficult can it be to change some prices?

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Having same issues, cant mail 1st class to France

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. I also use ShipSaver to insure my First Class International packages. I was able to go on there and ship all 3 of my International First Class packages this morning with insurance. You don't obviously get the eBay label discount, but you don't have to go all the way in to the post office to mail your packages. ShipSaver is a free app. You don't have to use their shipping insurance if you don't want to. You can just ship your International packages through them. I use them when eBay has issues like this.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. I also use ShipSaver to insure my First Class International packages. I was able to go on there and ship all 3 of my International First Class packages this morning with insurance. You don't obviously get the eBay label discount, but you don't have to go all the way in to the post office to mail your packages. ShipSaver is a free app. You don't have to use their shipping insurance if you don't want to. You can just ship your International packages through them. I use them when eBay has issues like this.

They integrate with your eBay account. So everything auto populates over. 

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

As someone who has worked with the USPS API, I could fix this problem in under 60 minutes if given access to the code. We'll see how many days/weeks it takes eBay to fix this problem.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@Anonymous

Could you look for answers/fixes?  I've read in other places that CS has told some that Ebay will no longer support First class international shipping......so some are panicking and don't know what to do at all. 

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

We had a problem retrieving the label. [Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International]

I am also having the same issue, trying to ship a label to Canada.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply