cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WATERMARKS LETS ALL GET THIS STRAIGHT EBAY!

WATERMARKS LETS ALL GET THIS STRAIGHT EBAY!

EBAY LISTINGS TOOLS AS OF OCTOBER 2017 ALLOWED  EBAY USERS TO  CREATE  WATERMARKS ON YOUR EBAY IMAGE UPLOAD.  THE TOOL CREATED A SMALL WATER MARK OF YOUR  EBAY USER ID AND A SMALL CAMERA ICON OPTION AT BOTTOM OF YOUR PHOTOS.  IT WAS ALL UNIFORMED, ALL IN SAME PLACE FOR ALL ITS EBAY USERS.  EBAY ENCOURAGED THIS TO PROTECT ALL PARTIES AND EBAY CREATED THE FEATURE TO DO THIS. 

EBAY ALSO PROVIDED AN EBAY APPROVED POLICY ALLOWING THIS AND GAVE SOME SIMPLY RULES ABOUT HOW IT SHOULD BE LESS THAN 5% OF THE IMAGE.  NOW THAT WORDING HAS BEEN CONVENIENTLY REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH NO WATERMARK OF ANYKIND ALLOWED ON EBAY. 

EBAY CAUSED THIS WATERMARKS ISSUE AND SHOULD PROVIDE THE TOOLS TO REPAIR IT. ESPECAILLY FOR THE EBAY CLIENTS THAT USED THE EBAY TOOL IN THE FIRST PLACE.  

THIS IS VERY SIMPLY LOGIC. EBAY ENGINERS CAN MAKE WATERMARK REMOVAL TOOL. INSTEAD OF PASSING THIS VERY  STRESSFUL AND EXPENSIVE PROBLEM TO ITS VERY BUSY LOYAL USERS.   

THANK YOU, SL

AS MARK TWAIN EXPLAINED WHEN YOU ARGUE WITH FOOLS YOU BECOME THE FOOL.   

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAP3AAAAJDAyYzEzNjljLWIwOTctNGNkOS1iNTcyLTE3N2ZiODZkZDIzYQ.jpgquote-never-argue-with-a-fool-onlookers-may-not-be-able-to-tell-the-difference-mark-twain-47-42-16.jpg

PortableWealth
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: WATERMARKS LETS ALL GET THIS STRAIGHT EBAY!

Same here. I have 4,500 listings - mostly  Posters - most with watermarks .

Ebay put them on the pics after I pressed the button .

There is no way for us to remove them as they weren't on my pics to begin with .

My only solution is to delete & repost the pics - wasting hours of time I could

use to list more items & make more money for me & Ebay.

In the meantime, several people are stealing my images & using them

to sell on other sites at a higher price . Then they purchase from me & 

change the address so in effect I am drop shipping for them !

Why can't Ebay re-install the button & let us remove all the watermarks

with one press of the button ?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

100% Agree

PortableWealth
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

“In the meantime, several people are stealing my images & using them to sell on other sites at a higher price . ”

If someone were doing that with my stuff, I’d be concerned about my business plan, not watermarks.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply