cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variation listings inventory reverting to original quantities when item is relisted

Is anyone else having this issue?

When my variation listings relist as GTC listings the inventory is reverting back to the original quantity even if I have sold out of a certain variation. This is causing me to have multiple order cancellations and I have been unable to get resolution or a cause after being in touch with Ebay on three different occasions. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Variation listings inventory reverting to original quantities when item is relisted

I just checked one of my variation listings and it looks ok. It relists in 2 days so I will definitely check once it does.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@morrisdawg 

I am sorry this is happening.  I am sure you are aware, out of stock cancelation defects can seriously harm your seller account.   I would call eBay again and have the specific listing(s) reviewed.

FYI  I checked one of my variation listings that renewed yesterday and the five variations that were out of stock when it renewed are still showing out of stock.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@ckudika wrote:

I just checked one of my variation listings and it looks ok. It relists in 2 days so I will definitely check once it does.

Just following up, the variation listing i mentioned relisted last night and I just checked it. The quantities carried over correctly

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have had that problem when I relisted manually, but not when GTC.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes this is an ongoing issue for years. It only happens when you end an item and then relist it, the beginning start amount will show.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

click on your Account> Site Preferences> Selling Preferences>

Site Preferences Use Preferences to change your eBay settings for payment, selling, etc.
With Buyer Requirements, you can block certain buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items.

Selling Preferences  
Show the exact quantity of items in your listing, if the quantity exceeds 10.
Yes Edit 
Use the out-of-stock-option
Yes   When the quantity of your Good 'Til Cancelled listing reaches zero, the listing remains active but is hidden from search until you increase the quantity. You may also qualify for certain fee credits. Learn more 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply