cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwarranted Insertion Fees

Whether on mobile or desktop, I’m getting insertion fees on random items whenever I try to list. I have plenty of free listings for the month left, and the listings are not in categories that automatically charge listing fees. 

It seems like a bug, because it doesn’t happen every time, but it happens a lot more in the “video games” category. If I list an item as “buy it now”, there’s no issue. It’s actually set to “buy it now” by default, when my defaults are almost always set to “auction”. 

However, if I set a “buy it now” over to “auction”, I will get a listing fee every time. I triple-checked everything on my account, and I owe no insertion fees. I contacted eBay on Twitter and, after a few days, they stopped replying. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@

Give a couple of examples of listings that you were charged for........and what size store do you have?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The store I have is a basic store. 

The latest where this happened is with a video game I’ve tried to list. It’s new copy of Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly for PS2, listed under “video games and consoles”.

The default template was set to “buy it now”, and I was able to list it for free. When I list anything, my defaults are always set to “auction”.

But, as soon as I changed it from “buy it now” over to “auction”, an insertion fee appeared at the bottom of the screen. 

I’ve listed many games since I started selling on eBay, and it hasn’t happened until now. I’ve tested it over and over, and it happens on both mobile and desktop. I have plenty of free listings for the month. 

It also happened to me when I tried to list a framed art print from a video game, but I got around that by changing the category I was listing under. I was trying to list it under “video game merchandise”, and it kept giving me insertion fees. I changed the category to “video game memorabilia”, and I was able to list it for free.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply