cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set the My Ebay landing page to selling

Since the release of the seller hub I have had it set to be the landing page for when My eBay is clicked. Today I tried to go to the seller hub by clicking Me eBay and found it was pulling up my sold items.  I could not find the option to set the landing page on the right side of the seller hub as in the past. 

So I called eBay and got a outsourced support rep who kept insisting that he has done ebay support for 4 years and the seller hub according to him has never been able to be set as the landing page. After asking over and over to direct me to where I can set the landing page he finally directed me to the old selling page.

When I clicked on the link to set the landing page I found that selling had just disappeared from the list. In the past if you set the landing page to selling when you clicked the My eBay button it would pull up the seller hub. Again he kept insisting that selling was never in the list. After insisting several times that selling was and should be in the list and that this need to be reported he finally said he would report the issue but it sounded like he was really going to do nothing. 

Bellow is a screen shot of the list that comes up when you select to set the landing page. You can see selling has disappeared from the list. Can someone please tag a blue so they can look into this and get the issue reported. This seams like a basic tool like this would be needed for sellers to easily manage their stores and does not seam like something like this would intentionallylanding page.jpg be changed unless by mistake.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I just got a weird call back from eBay it appears they may be recognizing this as a actual issue and may be looking into why selling was dropped from the set landing page list. I guess other sellers may have called and complained that the option disappeared over night despite the rep I originally spoke to insisting selling was never a option. You got to love their phone support in cases like this since they do not actually use the site and do not know how it should be working it is like pulling teeth to get them to listen and recognize something is actually wrong and despite it appearing one way it does not mean it has always been that way.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@3eyedfishcatcher 

I have not changed my eBay landing page in many years (it is still set as "All Lists" and I do not want to risk losing that), so the actual operation of setting landing pages certainly may have changed since the last time I used it.

What happens if you go to an old "All Selling" page such one of these:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:...

and then use the "Change" link in the upper right of the page? Does it give you the option to set the current page to your eBay landing page? Or do you have to choose from a preset list?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I did not make any changes. The night before it was working right then the next day it was not. At first I could not find how to set the landing page on the seller hub as they removed that link. I had to find out from the ebay rep that the link to set the landing page is on the old selling page. From my screen shots you can see the options available when you go to set the landing page. Selling used to be in there as before the hub was released I had it set to that . After I got tricked into opting into the hub with no way to opt out I played around with the options trying to get to the old selling page. When I found you could not set your landing page to the old selling page I set my landing page to selling so I can manage my store as I am a seller. So it was not changed by me and clearly the option was removed by someone on eBay's end over night. Most likely they ran a update with out testing out thinking things through removing tools for sellers to succeed. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This did not happen overnight to all, just you. What you are talking about happened to me several months ago. I have not bothered to call ebay. Just living with it as yet another annoying ebay change.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply