cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Contact Ebay Trust & Safety Department

Can someone please tell me how do I contact Ebay Trust & Safety Department?  I can not find it anywhere on Ebay Help/Contact page. I need to speak to a rep from Trust and Safety Dept ASAP.

I sell a custom made product with a registered UPC code.  This private UPC code is strictly assigned to this particular product only.

Several suspicious sellers are running a havoc using information (UPC Code) on my item and selling completely different products and misleading buyers.  I tried to ignore the problem at first, but it is getting worst and worst.

I tried talking to several regular reps, but they had a tough time understand the concept behind UPC code.

I contacted Vero yesterday, but I am not sure if Vero team can help, and I am still waiting for the response.

I tried the following steps below to locate Ebay Trust & Safety Dept, but they didn't work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

(Step 1) I found the Ebay security center page at https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html

(Step 2) I then scrolled down to "Report a Concern" section. I then clicked on "Contact Customer Service"

(Step 3) I then clicked on "Call Us", and I recieved the same General Customer service number of "866-540-3229"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help!  I am really confused here.  I really need to report this problem to someone who understand the situation fully.  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Unable to Contact Ebay Trust & Safety Department

I don't think they have Trust & Safety Department anymore. Its more like if you are a distributor with lots of money anything goes. What you are seeing may be promoted listings from ebay being made to look like buyers have pulled up your listing but is actually pulling up another sellers items. Also on search result pages they got links that look like they will pull up similar items using a few different phrases. They pull up a distorted version of your items description page with a hatched job on the description making you item look less desirable. There may be a few of your other listings suggested bellow this but they also pull up the same hatchet job like page.  They make you and your items look bad. There are a few links to your actual item page and to your profile but buyers will most likely not go there. Viewing of these pages does count towards having a item viewed so when the buyer logs into ebay your item will not be visible for reconsideration. Another seller also recently found that with these promoted ages buyers can add the same item multiple times to a cart so that error messages occur due to the number of the same item in the cart being larger than the actual quantity. This makes the buyer think you will not sell to them or give them a proper shipping price. Then after the buyer scrolls down at the bottom of the page ebay will show them  10 to 15 items they are being paid to promote. These items pull up the proper item page and actually have good information on them. These sellers items will log a view on the view count and can be watched unlike yours. Mean while ebay has directed traffics away from your store while making you and your items look less desirable and giving the impression you are a bad seller. Having a ebay store with large amounts of items now means ebay will target about 2/3 rds of your listings to direct buyers away from your item and your ebay store so they can possibly sell a item for another person and get a additional 5 to 10 percent added to the final value fee depending on the add rate set by that user. They are also using closed listings to promote items for other sellers. When users started to open the listings for items they bought or sold they noticed that listings for other sellers were coming up sometimes they were similar to the item bought or sold but as with most cases the item just happens to be in the same category. There would be a not so obvious link to pull up the actual page you really wanted. When users started to complain ebay got tricky and tried to hid this. Now the page for the bought or sold item loads with the correct page. However after a while of no activity it will reload to the promoted item page.  This will probably start to happen on all pages. You step away for a min come back and the item you were looking at is gone and replaced with another sellers item hoping you will not notice.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply