cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is something massively wrong with search!

I tried to list a doll this morning, and, while researching comparisons, I noticed that the total items shown didn't match the total search results. It showed there were 6 results, but only 1 was shown:

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.44.02.png

I thought maybe it was a "clear your cache", etc. issue, so I did all that and got the same result. Then I tried searching from a private window, where the same search yielded accurate results. Incidentally, I had several items to list and this happened with every item I searched, so it wasn't a one-off.

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.48.02.png

Another member posted here about how ad blockers are preventing promoted listings from appearing in search, and the results were accurate after I disabled AdBlock.

However, all my listings are promoted, I've used chrome with AdBlock as an extension for years, I research comps routinely, and sponsored listings have never been "hidden" like this, nor have the number of results been noticeably different from the number of listings shown.

I don't know if this is a change with AdBlock and/or chrome and/or eBay, but I do know that my sales have been down dramatically for about 2 months. I've previously accepted this fate as just part of the business, but if promoted items aren't appearing in searches for people who use ad blockers (literally everyone I know), it's safe to say that's going to affect sales.

velvet@ebay:

This certainly seems like an issue that eBay needs to address immediately, especially with the constant emphasis on promoted listings. Sales for everyone using promoted listings are being lost every single second.

Message 1 of 130
latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

Thank you, Here it is Dec 1st, 2022 and people are having the same issues. I stopped promoting completely since it's not going to matter if I disable the ad blocker because most people have it and do not know items are not being shown in their search if it's promoted. My sales were better before I started promoting items. It's not worth it. What I did get through promoted listings was lowball offers and scammers anyway that I had to block! Thanks for nothing eBay! 

Message 121 of 130
latest reply

I have most my listings promoted,and haven't had a single sale in about 19 days. I usually get five plus sales per week. No help from eBay staff. I'm told I'm doing everything right so what is going on here? I have great items. 

Message 122 of 130
latest reply

It's 4/2023, and seems like the same thing is happening. When I don't promote my dashboard shows sales impressions drop, but why no sales either way?

Message 123 of 130
latest reply

Start of a new year and absolutely no surprise to anyone, it continues.

Why would the number on the side say 272 results, to then only show me 12 (no other filters to omit location etc). 

I'd show you a screenshot, but ebay can't even get the upload image button to work here. Seriously!

Message 124 of 130
latest reply

Does eBay have a "HELP" Staff?? I've never found any...

Message 125 of 130
latest reply

I searched for my listing using 'THE' exact title and it doesn't find the listing.

Gee, maybe that's why no one else has......

Message 126 of 130
latest reply

Well, eBay Staff, if they exist, no help, as expected.

But kept digging and found an 'answer' that stated, "When you list an item it may not appear until after 24 hours. :-0

In other words, if you list an item for 7 days, it is only visible for 6 days. For 10 days, you get 9 days exposure.

Great.....

Message 128 of 130
latest reply

Yes, that is it.

Well, eBay Staff, if they exist, no help, as expected.

But kept digging and found an 'answer' that stated, "When you list an item it may not appear until after 24 hours."   :-0

In other words, if you list an item for 7 days, it is only visible for 6 days. For 10 days, you get 9 days exposure.

Great.....

Message 129 of 130
latest reply

Well, not fixed as of 3/10/2024.

But kept digging and found an 'answer' that stated, "When you list an item it may not appear until after 24 hours. :-0

Great.....

Message 130 of 130
latest reply