cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Issue: Cannot Create Listings or Edit Existing Listings - Single or Bulk

"Looks Like Something is Wrong. Please try again"- Message is received when I try to create a listing or edit an existing listing.  The issue started last night, but seemed to clear up this morning. Then about 2 hours ago, I started experiencing the same problem. Currently, I am unable to create listings or edit existing listings.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Technical Issue: Cannot Create Listings or Edit Existing Listings - Single or Bulk

There is work around solution to this problem.

Open new browser instance.

Open ebay website. 

Log out existing session and login in again. Now when you create new listing or edit existing one, you will not face this issue.

When ever you open new instance of browser, do re login to avoid this issue.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Re: Technical Issue: Cannot Create Listings or Edit Existing Listings - Single or Bulk

When I click List Item, you know, after spending an hour creating the item, the screen jumps and nothing happens.

There is no error messages, nothing in red for me to correct, nothing needs to be fixed.

Go to Save as Draft, and it leads to an endless spinning circle.

This is not my browser, my cache, my Cookies, when it's happening to so many others.

I can make revisions to existing listings, I can't create a new listing, but only after I spend the entire time writing the ad.

This started last night for me.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

As stated above, this does not work.  I've logged out numerous times, still can not list.  This is a problem with their website since I see THREE different browsers all having the same issue.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Same issue started yesterday around 1 p.m.   Was able to work around but not any more.  Ebay customer service is not good anymore.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Mairiana, thank you for your response. I followed the recommendations that you provided; however, the problems still persists. I am still unable to create new listings, edit existing listings, bulk edit or sell similar now...over 24 hours later. The same message and gray screen appears, "Looks like something is wrong. Please try again later."

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Had the same problem last night, and I was hoping that it would be resolved by morning.  No such luck!  I have so much to list, this is a real problem...

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Have the same issue here, I get a gray sad face with error message "ebay cannot sign in" when trying to create a listing. 

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

Started experiencing this as well this morning while creating listings.. it would let me do the listing (I think), yet no promotional option, and a few grey horizontal sad face blocks. Then after listing, instead of "start another draft," it gives the full page sad face with "refused to connect." I'm in Texas as well, although we can't be the only ones. Very annoying lol.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

same thing with me.. I thought it was my computer.  So basically Ebay said " I dont know what to do">?

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

I had the exact same thing... After spending over an hour editing an existing listing I went to submit and the screen just flashed.  I tried to save and try again and same thing.  Very frustrated

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

I am having the same issue! What's going on??

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Still not working since  yesterday Evening, This is Ridiculous. It is on their end but since I am and another Man are the only ones in the USA they said then it will probably not get fix go figure.  It is not of a high concern.  I was like really? I have like 300 items to post Lady.  It does look like many are having the exact same problem as we cannot all create a listing as we all get the same Man that states not connecting at this time and try again later. It is not my computer as I had listed things all week and yesterday all day long till about 6:15 pm on Friday June 25, 2021.  Ebay is getting worse and worse with very poor Customer Service. Lady did not say much I had to beat everything out of her.  I told her I wanted a Supervisor 6 times and still not one was coming to the phone. I told them I expect a follow up call on this non sense.  They were like we do not do that. I said oh really?  So finally she said she would make an exception. Whatever.  I get a call at 3 pm next Wednesday.  Unreal the time that I have to wait along with  many others who are having this to happen too I said. They really could care less about you or me. Only thing they care about is taking more of our fees as pay pal was a lot more cheaper until they switched me after being a new Seller of just 3  months to this Managed Payment program which is awful.   Even Paypal said they are charging way too much for their fees and people are moving to other platforms to sell.  I now have been a Seller for over a year and 3 months and this is how they treat their Customers.  Very poor.  Very Un Happy as I work so very hard and have done good and all my Customers love me and are repeat Customers too.  PATHETIC EBAY!! PATHETIC.  WE PEOPLE IN TEXAS DO NOT TOLERATE THIS RUDE BUSINESS PRACTICE OF HOW YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT OUR IT ISSUES WE ARE HAVING YET IT IS ON YOUR END ONLY. GET IT FIXED SO WE THE PEOPLE CAN GET BACK TO WORK AT LISTING AND CREATING OUR ITEMS PLEASE!!   THANK YOU..

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Reported this problem friday.  Was able to list this morning and early afternoon.  The at # 3:30pm it went out again.    Frustrating that ebay doesn't seem to care and that it seems to be (at least for me) a random issue.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

I am having the same problem signin.ebay.com refused to connect.  Even worse is that Ebay thinks they are more important than the seller and won't even offer a phone number for the seller to call to explain the problem.  Spent 20 minutes bouncing from one article to another before finally landing on a page that gave me the option to have someone call me.  Then I find out that they already know about the problem but don't have the decency to let the sellers know about it.  Instead I waste the whole day trying to figure out why I can't list an item.  They are quick to let us know that they are increasing our fees and changing the way we get paid but they have no time to notify us if there is a problem.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Glad that works for you but it did not work for me.  Tried several times and still get the same messagesignin.ebay.com refused to connect.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply