cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Items Getting relisted by Ebay not me

I'm a long time seasoned seller with 9600 feedback. For many years I have been having this problem with sold items getting relisted without my knowledge and then getting resold down the line. It used to just happen a couple times a year but now it's happening once a month.  I have a store and  when I sell something it should be out of the sysyem but a month later I sell it again and it's driving me nuts. I am not relisting these. I have 700 to 1200 items in my store that there's no way to take inventory and check if an odd past sale is back in a listing. 

When I talk to Ebay they tell me I am the one relisting when I know I'm not. I don't ned to relist. The item is in my store, it sells, done deal. They are just magically back online.

Not usre if any of this is making sense but is anyone else having a problem with sold items appearing back in listings?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Happening to me too.  One item has relisted 3 times.  I had to cancel 3 orders in last 2 weeks and now I am no longer top rated.  I went through my entire inventory and had 28 items on eBay that were not in my inventory and 50 items that never made the relist section.  So frustrated!

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

This happened to me for the first time this weekend-- I listed using the multiple variations option for the first time as I had 2 pairs of same fit Levi's in 38x30 and 30x32.  The 38x30 sold about 5 weeks ago, and on my end, '1 sold/1 available' was showing, as was 30x32 for the remaining size option.  Saturday night, low and behold, I get a notification that someone bought the 38x30 for the second time..... messaged the buyer to clarify that it was showing as available on his end, or did he purchase a 30x32 but eBay made a mistake and was asking me to ship 38x30.  No, he needs a 38x30 and that's what he purchased.  Groan...... won't be trying this again any time soon!!!

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Happens to me all the time.   Yesterday I sold some flag fabric that sold last month.   

I have items that I sold showing up and items that I have in stock disappear.   I don't relist too much.  

I hit 3030 listings the other day and last night I sold 5.      Today I wake up and I only have 3000 listings.

I listed a fabric called Scaredy Cat over the weekend.      Yesterday,   I went to look for it in my store to check quantity and Poof it was gone.     So I figured I must have not hit the list button.     Today,  check on Halloween fabrics in general and voila,  I have 2 of the same Scaredy cat  listed.

I have called.    They tell me it is all my fault.    I tell them that I am not that stupid.

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

Here I thought I was the only one, but I can see others have has this same issue, makes us look bad for the customer. I had 5 listings last month that relisted after they were sold 😞
Message 34 of 46
latest reply

I got bitten by this bug a couple of weeks ago; a sold-out listing (zero inventory) was automatically relisted as it had been originally listed a few months prior:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142952333162

I suspect that the bug involves eBay's "out of stock" feature; the item sold out, then when the GTC renewal date arrived it was relisted as it had been originally listed, before a bunch of sales.

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

This has been happening to us as well and when  I reached out to Ebay they stated that there was a ticket open but they couldn't due anything regarding the relisting. I now was just marked as below standard seller and it is all because these items relisted. Any way that I can fight this with EBAY. Im ready to leave this venue for good!

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

Okay, so I just caught an item I sold back in December listed as active. I don't want to but I have to call ebay because when I try to end this item I get "The item number () is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available."This is **bleep**.

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

For me it went like this: In Nov. 2018, I had my listings messed up by ebay TWICE !
On 6 Nov. about 80% of my ~1000 listings were "revised" at one and the same time without me doing anything. Actually I was online on ebay website at that time but I was only doing normal stuff, i.e. checking messages or something similar. The ~800 REVISED listings had only one major change in each of them: QUANTITY. All these revised listings were changed to the quantity they were in the end of MAY 2018. That is about 5 months and ~10-12 days back. Then on the next week, Nov. 13, about the SAME TIME of the day, another even more disturbing revision took place on the same ~800 listings. The following things were changed: PRICES, QUANTITIES and item descriptions were changed exactly as they were ~5 months ago. Domestic (US) and international SHIPPING COSTS were changed in all ~800 listings to one and the same value which is totally inadequate for most of these listings. Also, the return policy was changed to a policy I never used before ; on ~250 listings PICTURES were changed to ridiculously small sizes, i.e. 40x30 pixels which is totally ABSURD, because ebay does not allow pictures that small. And on these ~250 listings one of my street address was written in the LOCATION line, a place where I never have put an address before.
All these changes were OBVIOUSLY a BUG in ebay website, because: changes made withing a few minutes and to what listings were ~5 months ago ; photos were changed to photos which ebay does not allow at all. Other minor "features" of the revision also suggested I can't possibly make these changes, even if I wanted to.
I called Ebay cust. support and I was escalated to a "supervisor", who seemed slightly worried that my account may have been hijacked. Of course, this was not the case. After he confirmed that my account was not hijacked, he said: ebay can't do anything about your listings. Ebay can't restore my listings to their correct status (the status they were ~10 days ago). Ebay rep. was not able to tell me how exactly I should handle those customers who purchase items which I DON'T HAVE because I sold them a LONG TIME AGO and were "REVISED" or "relisted" with wrong (higher) quantities. Ebay rep. only said that they will investigate what caused this and will CALL ME with the result. I said, OK, please do call me, and just in case, please also EMAIL me with the result, and with any other information which may help resolve the problem more easily.
I received not a single call, not a single email. Now is March 2019, ~4 months after the problem and I manually had to revise all ~800 listings. Checking quantities, revising descriptions, prices, policies, AND uploading correct photos once again.
A terrible mess, which ebay is totally responsible for, but the sellers (in this case - me) have to fix all by themselves. And also to pay with DEFECTS or negative feedback on our profiles and with our TIME AND MONEY to fix situations which we never caused.

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

Ebay has had a issue for a long time with the bulk editing tool duplicating listings. They have not been able to fix it but developed a tool for finding these listings . Rather than give it directly to sellers they gave it to a partner of theirs most likely to wait till a large enough amount of users are using the toll then start charging for it.

search goo  gle  ebay Duplicate Listings then look for a result from this company

isdntek

eBay Duplicate Listing Scanner - ISDNtek

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

I am also going nuts and I spent a whole night fixing them and double cked them.  Today, another item sold that already sold about two weeks ago.  I had to give he a similar more expensive dress so I gave her that because ebay will count how many items that you cancel.  I thought the problem was solved with the new 30 day listings.  It's not solved, just today I was passing a listing just to double ck and once again my item that I ONLY HAD ONE OF, IN THE COLOR IS BACK UP FOR SALE, SO MORE TIME SPENT AND I JUST CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE.    I can't get my new stuff up because I have to keep going back to the old inventory that is already up re-count it etc.  I think they are trying to get us off and trying to drive us crazy.  This problem is costing me so much money because I can't forward.  I want badly to just give up but I need to get rid of all the money I invested in clothing.

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

@keq11  wrote;

I'm a long time seasoned seller with 9600 feedback. For many years I have been having this problem with sold items getting relisted without my knowledge and then getting resold down the line. It used to just happen a couple times a year but now it's happening once a month.  I have a store and  when I sell something it should be out of the sysyem but a month later I sell it again and it's driving me nuts. I am not relisting these. I have 700 to 1200 items in my store that there's no way to take inventory and check if an odd past sale is back in a listing. 

When I talk to Ebay they tell me I am the one relisting when I know I'm not. I don't ned to relist. The item is in my store, it sells, done deal. They are just magically back online.

Not usre if any of this is making sense but is anyone else having a problem with sold items appearing back in listings?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a pretty serious issue if in-fact sold listings are being relisted by eBay and not you.

This crosses into Consumer Protection Laws and if you can prove this is happening, I would raise this concern with your State Attorney Generals Office, Consumer Protection Division.  It impacts both a potential buyer (who might bid on or purchase the item) and you (who may have some liability for the transaction). 

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, it happened again this week. I had to tell my buyer it was already sold.  Business has dropped drastically in the past few weeks and looking bad is the last thing I need. 

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

OMG, Its not just me on this..... Its happens several times to me and I have always been dumbfounded to how it happens!!!! 

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

Hello,

As soon as an item sells, I see it up again,  the problem is I only had one of it.  Can anyone help me with this, what do i do,  calling for help is useless and a wast of time, any suggestions,

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

@brites7214  wrote;

As soon as an item sells, I see it up again,  the problem is I only had one of it.  Can anyone help me with this, what do i do,  calling for help is useless and a wast of time, any suggestions,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello @brites7214  I'm seeing a lot of these reports here at Community Boards and many are from seasoned Sellers.  Those that do call for help are usually told that it's a glitch.  This appears to have been going on for a very long time, so I'm copying brian_burke@ebay  "The Seller Evangelist" so he can hopefully preach some sense into the System Design Team to fix these problems.

Hope this gets resolved for you and the many others reporting it!

alan@ebay 

brian@ebay 

Message 45 of 46
latest reply