cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Items Getting relisted by Ebay not me

I'm a long time seasoned seller with 9600 feedback. For many years I have been having this problem with sold items getting relisted without my knowledge and then getting resold down the line. It used to just happen a couple times a year but now it's happening once a month.  I have a store and  when I sell something it should be out of the sysyem but a month later I sell it again and it's driving me nuts. I am not relisting these. I have 700 to 1200 items in my store that there's no way to take inventory and check if an odd past sale is back in a listing. 

When I talk to Ebay they tell me I am the one relisting when I know I'm not. I don't ned to relist. The item is in my store, it sells, done deal. They are just magically back online.

Not usre if any of this is making sense but is anyone else having a problem with sold items appearing back in listings?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

I've just been relisting some items using the Seller Hub. I'm using the 'unsold' items screen.

Some of the items I've relisted it is telling me are NOT relisted (in the relisted / not relisted column).

I just did a search online for how to find duplicate eBay listings. This came up and I tried it http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

It didn't detect any duplicates (so hopefully I don't have any). It correctly returned the number of listings I have. 

Maybe worth a try.

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

The page also has some useful info on the cause of duplicate listings. It says that eBay will not alert you to a duplicate listing from the 'relist' page (as it does from 'sell similar).
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

Today is 4 or 5 times this has happened. I like to think I put my quantity in the box correctly but I was questioning my ebay ability here. I called eBay but of course "it must be something you am doing". Even after looking at the original listing and the quantity being 1 item, they said the (second) sale was the first sale. I know very well I shipped that item once. Nope, this was the first time it sold. Ok, I guess I have a lot of de-ja-voux going on! I was glad to see I am not alone in this.
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

4 already last month that I was able to catch. Hard with 2 stores with 1000 listings in each.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Today I went to pack a yearbook that I had sold and could not find it. This is the 2nd time it has happened to me in the past 6 months with yearbooks, which are very hard to misplace. I got paranoid and checked my current listings and found 2 yearbooks that I had sold only 2 weeks ago that were still being listed in my active listings! I immediately canceled the listings and deleted them from my unsold inventory permanently. I'm glad to know that I'm not going crazy, but upset that I had to disappoint a customer and that this has happened to many people. I have over 7000 items listed and sell 400 items per month while never listing quantities or good until cancelled listings so am unsure how pervasive this eBay glitch is but LISTEN UP EBAY REPS - it is still occurring! They ended a string from 2015 about this and it immediately got restarted as the problem still exists.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

while the website link is "not secure" this is a SUPER helpful tool! Thanks for the link!

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

It's happened to me multiple times this year! This is ridiculous since I mass relist "Unsold" items only. I also delete my "Sold" column. Ebay needs to fix this!

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

I have had 14 sold items be relisted and re sold by ebay so far this year. Caught 2 last week that sold and where still showing as active---very frustrating.
Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Just lost top rated saler and one of the reasons is the listing being updated with the wrong number left . 

If you relist out of your unsold  column and it only opens one item and you have sold one it updates incorrectly most of the time . The other marks were two sellers that returned stuff that was either the old part or a generic for the the OEM I sent . Both of those were also marks because I did not fight it ( Seems to go against the seller most of the time anyway) . I have have one item truely lost and one broke out of 1400 or so.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

I have way too many items to try to keep up with all the glitches. I do an excellent job of making sure I do not cause duplicates. I haven't used sell similar instead of relief in probably a year, I try to check quantity BUT come on I have constantly changing stock. For instance we sell a lot of H&B items sometimes we add to quantity never an issue BUT when relisting we knew using relist would update the listings decreasing by what SOLD. I typically use bulk relist for unsold but every once in a while will do individually through mobile. No issues there until yesterday I was doing that and happened to notice even though there was 2 left because 1 sold it relisted as QTY 3 Now I corrected that listing but do I seriously have to take DAYS going through EVERYTHING to make sure each QTY is right? Come on this is nuts! 

Oh and a couple weeks ago out of nowhere a few sold items POOF were back active not only that but we had originally sold test strips in a lot and individually the NEW listing relisted out of nowhere over a month after the original listings had sold and we only noticed when new listing sold (unfortunately 2 buyers ugh) it had 4 quantity which was the quantity of the 1 lot listing and the single listing (QTY 3) . anyways in past this has happened where I knew something sold and I blamed myself that somehow someway I must have done it. This time there was no way. The stupid glitch even changed the qty it WAS NOT US!! Then all of a sudden QTY is not updating right on some relists, AND we noticed literally 5 mins ago that an item is in our store but also in our unsold as if it wasn't relisted (but it was) so had I not seen it in unsold I would have bulk relisted and had 2 copies of that item? ???

It really gets to me that I am PAYING for a store and they not only don't fix glitches that have been going on for YEARS but actually in most cases try to find a way to blame us. We are not for YEARS thousands of sellers all imagining this. Very frustrated and worried about selling already sold items because eBay system updated my QTY wrong on random things OR just decides POOF to relist something that sold a month ago or more 😞

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Im getting items relisted by ebay and of course Im being charged each time thats why its happening

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

It happened to me three times over the last two months.

Called eBay

Spoke to three CSRs

Told them there was a glitch to fix and that I wanted a refund for the 3 insertion fees

They could not understand what I was telling them

After more than a half hour on the phone to get a $1.05 refund and let them know about the problem,I gave up and ended the call

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

i tried seller hub and relisted stuff from the ended section when I should have gone to the unsold section, cause ended items section keeps items that were sold mixed in with items that didn't sell.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

This has happened to me at least three times. When doing a bulk re-listing, the item still shows as unsold, so it re-lists even though it has sold. This is a glitch in eBay's software. Why would an item which was listed as a quantity of one and sold show as unsold? This was not user error, but eBay's error. It resulted in my getting a strike for being out-of-stock. Be sure to scan your unsold listings carefully, double-checking, when re-listing unsold items.

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

This has happened to me, too.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply