cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow or stalled to open Ebay Summary page

Just started today.  Trying to get into my summary and it just stalls (not responding) and all I see is ' gha.ebay.com ' and goes NOWHERE. 

If I cant get into my ebay, how am I going to ship stuff.  What the heck are they loading here.  Did a scan and malwarbytes and running AdBlock to no avail.  Tried getting in on TWO different devices with no results.   Both running Win XP

Will ebay just please quit adding **bleep** and advertisements that bog down pages.  No wonder nobody is buying stuff.  They cant even get it if they are having the same issue as I just started having.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hi, @atomicdiner.

If you don't like the ads, you should get AdBlock or something. Have you tried a different browser?

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Vint,

If you read my original comment, you will see that I DO say I am running AdBlock.

I only run Firefox browser as With XP, you can only go to IE8 which is worthless on Ebay.  Chrome seems to crash too much and seems to be a memory hog .  Was just wondering what the heck was gha.ebay.com that it would just not load at all.  Seems issue has corrected itself (for now).  Must be another Ebay Beta "Feature" they force on us.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I've been having the same problem for over a week. This site has become almost unusable for me. I can see it's repeatedly trying to upload ads from other sites and lately, even auto-run video ads. HORRIBLE!

This is not happening for me on any other websites. So please don't tell me to install adblockers etc, and use browsers I don't want to use. People shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to use a website.

Whatever eBay is doing lately is going to adversely affect its core business.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I've been having the problem for a few weeks. It started with printing a scan sheet. Over time it has spread to messages and now sending invoices. Scan sheet takes an hour to load, invoices 10 minutes and messages take 3 or 4 minutes. It's even slow here on the forums. Does the same with firefox, chrome and explorer. Using Windows 10. Cleared cache and cookies. Ran virus, malware scans. Using Adblocker Ultimate. Turned off the firewall. Nothing has worked. No problem on any other site. It has started now on my Windows 8 machine with the scan sheets. Searching Google I'm finding lots of references to this problem. Some have had luck using adblocker.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

same issue here, started in the last several days (that I noticed).  i found firefox using 1+ Gig! of memory, at times over 2.  The refresh page icon kept cycling about every 2 seconds even though I was not refreshing the page.  I tested in Edge and had the saem issue.  I watched memory useage steadile incraease to the mentioned amounts, and eventually the browser became unresponsive.

So some script or add servive eBay is pushing.  I enabled uBlock Origin in Firefox and the behavior ceased.

just a note, that issue did not occur on these forums - only on the Ebay site proper.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

sorry for mispells!

saem=same

steadile=steadily

servive=service

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

It is a script and it has been doing this steadily for 2 months now, on Firefox and Pale Moon using Ublock origin on all computers we have. If you remove all ebay cookies they will have to call you to verify your computer, so not much luck as this repeats itself daily on slow to load. Leave 'em feedback multiple times til they get it straightened out.

No resolution and no way to contact ebay by email or phone = no solution.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I had the slow loading problem as I mentioned above, but fixed it instantly by installing an ad-blocker to my browser. Ebay was horribly slow, then after the ad-blocker the site was back to normal. When I switch the ad-blocker off, site becomes super slow again with repeated loading of outside ads / ad-servers.

Whatever ebay did in implementing outside advertising resulted in things slowing to a crawl for my particular set up. Ad-blocker cured it for me. I realize, though, other people are having stalling problems even with an ad-blocker. So maybe there are multiple problems going on.

BTW - there is a way to contact eBay by phone, but you have to hunt around for it in the 'Help and Contact' link on top.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

i'm not sure i understand... my message system and sometimes feedback are the only pages that load slowly for me...and i don't see any ads on my compose-a-message -page.  i DO see ads on other pages, but those are loading fine.  it may be that whatever the ad blocker disables also helps with the loading...but it's only those 2 pages for me, while the ad-heavy pages load fine.

the only common thread i have found so far is win xp/7/etc.    this is the first i have heard of anyone having issues with win10, so that blows our prev hypothesis.  yet, my phone app runs fine and so far it seems to be only windows users on desktops who have issues.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@pbee9899 wrote:

I've been having the same problem for over a week. This site has become almost unusable for me. I can see it's repeatedly trying to upload ads from other sites and lately, even auto-run video ads. HORRIBLE!

This is not happening for me on any other websites. So please don't tell me to install adblockers etc, and use browsers I don't want to use. People shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to use a website.

Whatever eBay is doing lately is going to adversely affect its core business.

yes, indeed.  ebay has been pushing the mobile business very hard, and all pages load fine on my phone.  now, the last numbers i heard were that mobile is up to 50 percent of their business, but if they are focused primarily on mobile, that means 50 PERCENT of their users are NOT on mobile.  they cannot alienate that many people and still maintain a high market share.

ebay used to be such a great place to shop because it was really, really fast!  now, it's got problems on several pages, and the excruciatingly slow message system has been a big problem for me lately when trying to communicate with my buyers.  it also has stopped me from buying at times.  so, i hope they are working to fix this.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Certainly a lot of people use mobile devices these days, and good for eBay for addressing those users. But mobile for me (and many others) is way too inefficient for 99% of what I do on the internet, including eBay.

I reluctantly had to install an ad-blocker to get this site working right again. One hopes eBay can figure out how to make the site compatible with any OS or browser. I'd never had this problem before with any other major site.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply