cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping labels won't print - More often than not!

I have been using eBay for shipping labels since they leaned on sellers to provide tracking information. It has always been hit or miss whether the program would work or not. Now, 9/17/2017, it is totally wrecked. You have to try again and again to print the labels. Sometimes it works the first try, other times might be six tries. After that I go to PayPal or Click-N-Ship. But it is a capacity issue, eBay has indequate capacity on the label program. If I try three times and it works on the third time, it was inadequate capacity.  So no IT is going to blame it on my computer. It is eBay's computer. Maybe they should clear THEIR cache??? This has been going on for YEARS but it has NEVER been as bad as it is now.

Fix ix NOW eBay!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Shipping labels won't print - More often than not!

Same problem.  It is totally on the back end.  Cleared cache, erased history, rebooted, tried a different browser--Still hangs on "purchase postage" button.  All MORNING.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Shipping labels won't print - More often than not!

For me, the failure comes after I click to approve the payment by PayPal. I get either the error message or the label shows up ready to print. With each failure, I have to go through the whole routine, bringing up the item page again, then selecting and saving the particular postage, going to print the label, approving the payment by PayPal. 4 or 5 different pages each time. It has been going on for years. And I don't ever have the option to come back later. I want to ship the items and go on to something else. I am committed to shipping in one business day.
It has happened to me consistently in different physical locations, with different ISP's, different computers, different O/S, different browsers. Sometimes it is worse than other times. I can only conclude that it is a capacity issue.
eBay is totally indifferent to the problem. They leaned on the seller's to use their label program, require tracking for Power Sellers, require quick shipping, but fail to have THEIR tools working properly. In the meantime, they can design new seller hubs and load every page with ads.
You would think they would have fired the incompetent responsible for this mess but it has gone on for years.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply