cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Messages Issue.

When I try to reply to a customer message it won't allow me to type the message. I can copy and paste then send but I can't type in a message. It's never done this before. I can type things in other areas on eBay but not in messages. Someone said to remove Grammarly if I had it installed, so I did and that did not cure the problem. What is up with this?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Sending Messages Issue.

If you are using a Grammarly browser extension, try disabling it and see if that allows you to type a message normally.

Grammarly has caused such problems in the past.

Otherwise, try another browser.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sending Messages Issue.

Same issue. I'm using Windows 10 Google Chrome. eBay coding change at play here because the theme of the messaging reply is completely different from last week's look and theme and the past year.

After this change, I can only type one letter then the cursor leaves the reply window. I have to mouse click back into the reply window, which allows me to type one letter, and the cursor then leaves the window again.

FYI, I do have Grammarly, but it has not affected my ability to type this message, nor in the eBay Feedback window. eBay coding made a change and it doesn't work.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Sending Messages Issue.

I'm having the exact same issue as softie1300   and nothing works

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Sending Messages Issue.

FYI, I do have Grammarly, but it has not affected my ability to type this message, nor in the eBay Feedback window.

Sometimes something does not work in a particular browser, but the same feature may work in another browser. This may have to do with conflicts related to cache, cookies, settings or extensions.

Disabling Grammarly seems to fix some problems with composing eBay messages for some users. I have not heard of any issues involving Grammarly and leaving feedback or posting on the community discussion boards. The fact that Grammarly does not interfere with one feature does not mean it will not interfere with another.

eBay coding made a change and it doesn't work.

That is entirely possible. It is also possible that Grammarly made a change that conflicts with eBay's code. Or both made changes that are not compatible. Ultimately it does not matter much to me who is "at fault", I just want to be able to send messages, and to explain to others having problems how they can work around those problems to accomplish their goals. If disabling Grammarly allows you to compose a message and you could not while Grammarly was enabled, do what you need to do.

If disabling Grammarly does not help, try disabling other browser extensions or try another browser with no extensions installed. In the course of troubleshooting this issue I discovered I had a problem composing eBay messages in Chrome until I disabled my ad blocker, and then the problem ceased. Other browsers did not have the same problem, despite similar ad blockers being installed. Was the problem with Chrome, eBay, or the particular ad blocker? I don't know and I don't particularly care. Knowing who is at fault does not help me; knowing how to work around the problem does.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Sending Messages Issue.

In that case, since we both have the same problem I would say eBay is having issues with its messages system. Hopefully, it's resolved soon.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Sending Messages Issue.

I was having the same exact issue for the past 2 days. I used a different browser that does not have Grammarly installed, and it seemed to have worked perfectly.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Sending Messages Issue.

"I can copy and paste then send"

for some reason the system you are using is adding HTML, instead of being text only.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Sending Messages Issue.

Same issue here, Windows 10, and iOS both using Chrome Version 89.0.4389.128 

Messages are fine within the mobile app. 

I can type one letter at a time only, very very frustrating!!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Sending Messages Issue.

Try disabling Grammarly.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply