cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling from Sri Lanka

Greetings,

I am a seller who registered eBay with to sell my products. Selling from Sri Lanka as an eBay seller has become more complex task. Because of as Sri Lankan community we are facing a lot of issues when we sell our products on eBay. I have personally experiences some issues such as Account Restrictions, Receiving a large number of INR cases. For most of the issues have occurred because of the tracking information are not synchronizing with eBay's Career list. Because of that reason the Tracking validated rate is decreasing rapidly. Apart from that a buyer is unable to trace the package after the shipping is completed. As a Sri Lankan community this is a frustrated situation for the genuine sellers of Sri Lanka. We are helpless when we face an issue like this and we have no any support. We are kindly requesting from you to consider this issue and provide a solution for this. Such as a eBay supported Shipping Service/ Sri Lankan based Customer Service center. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Selling from Sri Lanka

You were selling and shipping seeds. Shipping seeds internationally has import restrictions. Those items if they were shipped to the United States were seized by customs. 
Plants and Seeds Policy 

• Plants and seeds located outside the U.S. are not allowed due to U.S. import restrictions

Your issue is you didn’t read up on what is and is not allowed to be sold and shipped. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Selling from Sri Lanka

Thanks for the reply, I was not selling only seeds and with a phytosanitary certificate it is possible to clear through the customs. Not only for seeds and this affects for any kind of product ships from Sri Lanka!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Selling from Sri Lanka

You need to use a shipping carrier that ebay recognizes.,, such as DHL FedEx, UPS

And ebay does have a strict policy on seeds ...You can NOT list them on ebay. No exceptions even with your certificate. You used the wrong category  to get around this prohibited item.

What is the policy?

• Endangered plants are not allowed
  • Plants and seeds located outside the U.S. are not allowed due to U.S. import restrictions
For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply