cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell similar button is still missing after days- what is going on?

Just trying to get some info from ebay - what is going on? was this an oversight or mistake ora test or by intention? It has severely limited all of our abilities to list- the sell similar or sell like item buttons under the photos of all the listings were the cornerstone of listing on ebay!  

To be forced to go to the "beginners" listing process where the AI asks you what you are selling and all the extra steps to guess what you have is a painstaking slowdown to the listing process.

Why is ebay forcing us to take longer to list an item again?  I hope this is just another screwup and not an actual idea that someone had!!!!

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Sell similar button is still missing after days- what is going on?

9pm and still no response from ebay representatives or team leaders or moderators....

Every time i tried to add a picture to listing this afternoon- the listing tool froze and i had to Control/alt/delete to get out. then i turned everything off and cleared cookies etc and updated chrome and then all the listing pages reverted back to the previous design..... This i took as a good sign.... that ebay was rolling something back to fix the mistakes with the sell similar button------- but now its all back to the new view again a no way to sell a similar item! 

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Has anyone from ebay reached out with any info on this yet? i cant stand the inconvenience of this missing button- it was so simple to list and now it takes forever to basically add all the information again to all the item specifics.  Talk about going backwards! is this the magical innovation Jamie was talking about?

I just stopped listing new items - it is insulting to my time as a seller on the platform to make it take longer to list because of a missing button.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

“you can still access "sell similar" by searching for your item using the search bar, then filtering by "sold" and "used". In the search results, you can still access the "sell one like this" feature.”

i just tried this on several different listings and I am not showing the button…am I doing something wrong or did the ebay wrecking crew eliminate your workaround?

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

This is really pathetic, even by ebay standards.  The guaranteed fit program was one of the dumbest changes ebay ever made, but this is even dumber if its intended…and it seems like it is intended since nobody is fixing it and nobody is saying its being fixed.

I have resorted to using the horrible app to list parts, it takes 3x as long and I am sure my listing will be riddled with errors since the app doesn’t work for crap.  Which of course ebay will someday hold me accountable for when a buyer complains.  Changing the manufacturer causes the app to crash 80% of the time, have to do best offer settings like 5x a listing for them to take, shipping info is a nightmare….🤬

HEY EBAY, HOW ABOUT JUST LET S REVERT TO THE LAST REVISION IF YOU CAN’T CORRECT THIS??????  Or would that just be too easy?

My wife runs a large IT team for a hospital chain, coding changes to fix things like this take hours, not weeks.  Another example of  just how little ebay cares about its sellers

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Don’t even see this as a listing in the updated yesterday current and resolved issues…**bleep**

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

@mrphilf Not sure about the work-a-round but the button DOES show up on the search page under the price next to the picture BUT ONLY on sold listings- not active listings. It however is still not under the picture of sold listings if you click into the listing....so if you investigate and choose to use that listing to sell similar- you must take the extra action to click back out of the listing to the search view to see the link to sell similar!

Even so- often there are no sold listings for an item since ebay only shows the past 90 days- so that is why the button must be available on active listings as well!

I am also getting concerned that this was a bad design change because of the obvious lack of communication from ebay "blues" on this. 

It is a complete shame that ebay has such a valuable resource here for FREE in their sellers that post issues here...... and they squander it and dismiss us by ignoring our very outreach to JUST MAKE EBAY BETTER.   Sellers dont come here to complain and unnecessarily.  We are trying to bring to light obvious and negative changes or policies.   

Its only a matter of time until ecommercebytes and all the youtube channel ebay "influencers" start reporting on this and then ebay will be forced to take action because of the negative publicity!----Why wait?    Just reach out to us here and let us know what is going on.  If its a programming issue and is being fixed and we are aware- then when others ask what is going on- we become part of the solution in telling others its just temporary, instead of alarming everyone and making the issue bigger as people question "why on in the world would they get rid of the sell similar button?"

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

“Not sure about the work-a-round but the button DOES show up on the search page under the price next to the picture BUT ONLY on sold listings- not active listings. It however is still not under the picture of sold listings if you click into the listing....so if you investigate and choose to use that listing to sell similar- you must take the extra action to click back out of the listing to the search view to see the link to sell similar!”

THANK YOU!!!!  While still a PIA extra step and limits the amount of listings it will work on since one had to be sold in the last 90 days, its WAY better than using the POS app to list stuff!  

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@mrphilf @fleetman111 @redline_auto_llc @ckimodog 

In the article about this issue on eccomercebytes.com someone posted a decent work-a-round.....

1. find listing you want to sell similar

2.control "C" to copy the entire title

3.go to my ebay

4. under the "listings" dropdown- select start new listing 

5. control "v" to paste the title in the box that says "what are you selling"

6.then it will bring up the actual listing you saw as a "suggestion"

7. click on that and it will ask you to input the condition

8.  click on that and it open the listing tool and populate the Item Specifics like it used to with the sell similar button.

I know its a 8 step work-a-round for a simple 1 step action with the sell similar button.... but this is ebay after-all- improvements never are one click into 8 clicks.......thats ebay magical innovation for sure

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

I've said this a couple times now for anyone who wants a faster workaround, there's a much easier way. 

Search your item. Filter by "sold" and "used". Sell similar button is still available next to the listing in search results, just not in the listing itself.

redline_auto_llc_0-1698339275808.png

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

We do $60-$70k a month in gross sales here. I have listing agents in three different countries working full time, and this has been a nightmare trying to explain to them. There's been a major impact on how much we can get listed, though my workaround still works so it was a fairly minor setback. Just another example of eBay's incompetence. 

Don't even get me started on Guaranteed Fit nonsense. I have a buyer blowing up my inbox right now because he bought a part based on that fitment data. Sure, it will bolt into his car, but there were three different options for this part and the fitment chart makes no allowances for manufacturer options. Buyer experience is better because they don't have to pay return shipping, but we get screwed out of $30 in original shipping that we can't deduct without losing FVF's. Once again, penalize the seller who makes the marketplace work so that Joe Schmoe can have an Amazon-like experience buying used car parts without ever looking past the first picture. 

I loathe this company with everything I've got and the second a better option comes along I'll take my six figures a year in eBay fees elsewhere.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@redline_auto_llc 

I know how you feel- most of the sellers I know long for the days when the site just worked and was not so overmanipulated- we always say its amazing how much we still sell despite ebay working against us.  But I dont despise ebay- it has been better for sure and most "improvements are worse for sellers and buyers but I can still make a living working from home.....as long as they stop improving things!

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

selling team@ebay  devon@ebay 

Guys it is now going on three weeks with no response from you about this issue that is effects so many sellers.    I am not trying to be a pain in your rears but how do we get you to inquire the correct teams on our behalf? we have no direct line of communication with the people who design and make these changes.  Just pretending that we do not exist is no way to treat the very customers that provide the products that make ebay even possible.  It is truly baffling. 

I dont even doubt that you have made the request but why do the teams ignore you then?  Is this company that dysfunctional?  or are they trying to hide something? Its basically one of two things- either it was a glitch/mistake/programming issue and they are working on it OR it was a design change and ebay should OWN it.   We do not like the design change and it is causing sellers to list less items.  

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

Just trying to get some info from ebay - what is going on? was this an oversight or mistake ora test or by intention? It has severely limited all of our abilities to list- the sell similar or sell like item buttons under the photos of all the listings were the cornerstone of listing on ebay!  

To be forced to go to the "beginners" listing process where the AI asks you what you are selling and all the extra steps to guess what you have is a painstaking slowdown to the listing process.

Why is ebay forcing us to take longer to list an item again?  I hope this is just another screwup and not an actual idea that someone had!!!!

Hey @siamjane8! I was finally able to get some insight on this and this was not an intentional change and out product team in working on a fix to hopefully be rolled out today. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

FYI @valueaddedresource you were asking about this, too.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @wastingtime101 ! I'm seeing the button back on listings in Firefox, but not in Chrome yet but at least it looks like they are making progress.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply