cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Oddness

When searching for one of our older listings to ascertain whether it was still online, this is what was returned.  All I did was put the ID number in the Search bar, no other filters or requests.  I know it's Tuesday, and eBay is notoriously unstable (tech-wise) on Tuesdays, but ........

search error.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Search Oddness

Thursday nights are the glitching hour due to scheduled system maintenance.

That is odd. I played around and can't make it happen. The screenshot has the look of a partially loaded page (missing CSS causing some formatting uhohs) so it's possible a script of two is also missing and causing that.

Was it repeatable after a full page refresh (CTRL-F5 to reload from server not cache)? With other item numbers?

Looks like search is actually finding items that way again (seems to me that was broken for quite a while). Another way is to manually lash up a URL (or use a selected-item-number bookmarklet as I do): https://www.ebay.com/itm/251912836723?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true
(the extra ?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true makes sure ebay doesn't show you something else instead like another seller's live listing)

That listing has ended but can't tell when (and has "see full item description" HTTP/HTTPS problems.)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Search Oddness

Same for me odd. I am starting to put 2 & 2 together. I have no sales & seeing many odd complaints. I do this for a living & no sales are very stressful. Hurricanes & politics don't bring the system down!! whats up Ebay?? Etsy looking better & better.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply