cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale today was notified from PayPal but no sale shown on EBAY

Hi I had a sale this mourning . I was paid got a notice from PayPal .. went to PayPal money was there  

not showing up at all on eBay. 

Never had this issue before. I guess I’ve got the funds I will go ahead and ship?? 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Sale today was notified from PayPal but no sale shown on EBAY

Just to clarify, with my speaking to PayPal and Ebay... Ebay is the one at fault here. PayPal has had no issues sending payments out. I hope it is resolved soon. 
Message 31 of 53
latest reply

Same here. I have had two sales in the last hour showing a payment notification from Paypal and nothing from Ebay as a sold item on my sold list. Item number still shows up on my "active" list but when you click on the item it says in green "your item sold". I will mail them out tomorrow and print my postage label thru Paypal. Ebay needs to get it fixed soon.
Message 32 of 53
latest reply

I have this problem sometimes, but those listings always have the wrong PayPal address attached. It switches from my PayPal to the one i use for ebay emails.
Message 33 of 53
latest reply

I verified mine... everything matches. Crazy how this is happening. They need to get this fixed soon.
Message 34 of 53
latest reply

Like most members who had a limited number of transactions to deal with, I used PayPal's shipping option to generate my label.

PayPal customers with funds now can get almost immediate assistance by using the following sequence

1. Search on PayPal Customer Service
  2. Don’t call the GIANT sized phone number at the top of the search results
  3. Locate the URL https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us
  4. Click on the hyperlinked words   Contact Us   under the URL's summary paragraph
  5. Log into PayPal
  6. Use the priority toll free number show to you after login
  7. Enter the code in the black rectangle when the auto attendant asks for it
  8. Keep saying the word “Representative” until the auto attendant gives up

If you have a small number of sales that you have already shipped, PayPal will give you the user’s registered email address.  That way you can tell your customers that you fulfilled your obligations and give them their tracking numbers.  Unless you have a earlier transaction with the same customer in the last 90, eBay won't let you contact them.

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

Miraculously my eBay sale has appeared. I hope all of yours will appear too!
Message 36 of 53
latest reply

My sale still has not appeared in my history.....but I just checked my paypal account and they refunded the payment. Glad I did not ship my item out yet. 

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

My ebay seller cancelled my order because of ebay's glitch. PayPal is still holding my funds hostage!
Message 38 of 53
latest reply

System status shows eBay is operating properly, but we are still missing a payment. UPID from buyer, which showed 'payment being processed on PayPal' (but not item paid), but no record on PayPal, when the system outage occurred this morning, and now that eBay system is back up and running (properly?), neither has any record of the payment. We invoiced the buyer again, as it is not shown as paid, and she is upset because she is being asked to pay twice. We have shipped to her, because eBay showed Payment being processed on PayPal. Perhaps will be fixed overnight. Anybody else have similar problem(s)?

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

I wish they’d refund my buyer as well.  The item is now available on eBay again, no sale is showing up, and I have no way to cancel the order for her.  I hope ebay will at very least send messages to the buyers and refund all of them since we cannot.  

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

same here. I also shipped an item thru. paypal & ended that item because it still showed as active with lots of watchers. paypal has since refunded payment to buyer & the item is on its way. I am thinking that I will get paid when the item is delivered. is there anything that we can do now? any other thoughts?? hang in there everyone....I am sure that ebay will work things out...……….

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

I had the exact same problem today.  First was the notification that payment was being process by Paypal.  No record of it at Paypal all day.  The original eBay notice disappeared, along with all buyer contact information.  The auction reappeared as actively for sale.  Other problems too for other buyers.  These worked themselves out and proceeded as normal without any intervention.  Very confusing for buyers and sellers.  Lost sales today 😞

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

I had the same issue today.  In talking to ebay, we won't be getting paid once the customer rec's the item.  ebay states that the listing should not have been ended and while it may have still shown under active listings, the amount avail was at 0 (in my case).  So according to ebay, the customer needs to be convinced to re-submit payment thru paypal, or put an intercept on the package.  The ebay rep I spoke with admitted the glitch, but didn't seem at all interested in taking any responsibility or helping out further.  I haven't spoke with paypal yet as they're closed for the night.  So perhaps they will refund us back since the tracking info is entered on their site.   

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

looks like my buyer will get a freebie thanks to ebay. glad that mine was not a hi priced item. hoping that you & others also do not lose too much. if you  get any satisfaction from paypal come back & let us know...…..thank you!!

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Maybe this seems like a dumb question -- but to CANCEL an order is different then to END an order, right?  You can CANCEL a sold listing but you cannot END a sold listing? (normally)  You can still reference canceled listings but ending them removes them from the system.  The order I had today I ended because it appeared to still be live even though paypal showed it was purchased and paid for.  By the very fact that I was able to End the listing, validates my fears of the listing still being unsold and active for others to attempt to purchase?  

As I've said, I'm not an experienced seller and today was terribly confusing as to what I should be doing for my paying customers.  With the ebay system appearing to be malfunctioning from my perspective, my actions seemed logical at the time.  It seems ebay should take some responsibility and refund us if needed.  Am I wrong on this and can ebay be reasoned with on situations like this?  It's all a good learning experience I suppose but man, is this frustrating stuff.

Message 45 of 53
latest reply