cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIGN IN ISSUES

Any one else have technical issues signing in to account? what i mean is after i originally sign in when i click on a different catagory say purchase history or bids etc.... it makes me sign in all over again! ive ran adware scans and nothing shows up. just wondering if anyone else is having same issue?

Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

SIGN IN ISSUES

I acknowledge changing the site preferences might work. However, it seems to be a setting for whatever device you are using when you make the change.  What do we do if we can’t sign in to make the change? As I predicted last night, my dominos are falling. Now 1 of my 2 desktops is locked out and can’t sign in. I can’t go to site preferences and select to stay signed on on this device if I’m not signed on (because I can’t) on that device. I made the setting change on the other desktop and it seems to have worked. I’m not counting on that in the future though. These signon errors have been going on since at least June. The problem isn’t a specific operating system, browser or device. I have 8 different devices with all different combinations and they have all experienced these problems over the last 3 months. Everything was fine for the last few weeks and now it is starting all over again. Oh, and it’s not the presence or absence of cookies either. I have tried every combination of everything! Buyers can just open a new account. Sellers can’t be expected to start over with a new account when we have hundreds or thousands of listings, inventory and sales records, etc. I for one have no problems with the additional features of the Seller Hub. I will work with any screens and reports available IF I COULD CONSISTENTLY SIGN IN TO MY ACOUNT!!

Message 16 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

@reachstars

It sounds like there is some fundamental underlying issue, either with your network or your account, that has been adversely affected by recent eBay changes starting around June, and further complicated by the new sign-in page.

Unless you can point to some aspect of your account or network that makes it different (using a VPN? Unique firewall or antivirus settings?) or you can find someone else having the same ongoing issue, I don't think there's much a random user on a forum can do other than make suggestions of different things to try and rule out.

To rule out network issues: Start with a browser you don't normally use (so you can play with settings and not screw up your current account), go to ebay.com and create a new account. If you can successfully log in and navigate without problems, I think that would indicate your network is fine.

Alternatively, if you have access to a different network, try signing on to your current account and see if it works. Start at ebay.com rather than relying on a bookmark.

Consider changing your my ebay landing page -- in theory, if your landing page were screwed up enough, it could be kicking you back into a sign-on page and creating a loop. Try something generic like your watch list or summary rather than seller hub.

Normally I would say to try changing your password -- but in your case I would be worried that you would never get back into your account. Might as well save that for when you can no longer get in at all.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Message 17 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

@reachstars

I think I may have found a use for signing in with Facebook.

Seriously, create a new Facebook account, and when you get the new eBay sign-in page, try the sign-in with Facebook link. It may have different dependencies that the new sign-in process. Who knows, it might actually help your situation.

Message 18 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

I appreciate your suggestions! You did give me a couple of new ideas. I'm going to try accessing on the iPad that is locked out by turning off the wifi and using data. That would be a different network, right? Also, I forgot I have a personal eBay account, which I rarely use. I'm going to see if I can access that account from the various devices. I'm not sure what those results will tell me, but I'm going to try them later. Right now I'm working on the 1 PC I can get into. I usually turn the PC off every night and then hold my breath in the morning to see if I get back in. I think tonight I'm going to leave the PC on (and hope the electricity doesn't go out tonight!) Regarding the landing page, the one PC I can access has a shortcut for one of the Seller Hub pages that I use to get in. On the other devices, I do a Google (or Bing or Firefox) search for either MyeBay or eBay.com. If I was able to stay successfully logged in, no problem. If not, then it's hold my breath time. Last night the iPad required signing in and the new sign-on page didn't work. This morning one of the PCs required signing in and the new sign-on page didn't work. I'm still waiting for the rest of the dominos.

Message 19 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

I'm not on Facebook but if all else fails, it is worth a try to set up a test account just to try to get back on eBay. I assume I can always close the account again. I will try the other experiments first and then move on to Facebook if necessary. I do see other posters describing similar issues and I was one of them back in June. Then things improved for a while. I was always able to get in on the second sign-in attempt. The first one would go to the new sign-in page and the second attempt would redirect to the older looking sign-in page. The second try always worked. So it seems like it is something with the new sign-in page. Thanks so much for helping!

Message 20 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

@reachstars

I dug around a bit and found a link that seems to lead to the old non-Facebook sign-in page:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

eBay is slowly switching everything over to the new sign-in, so that could stop working at any time.

Message 21 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

I am using FireFox and have all boxes 'checked'. When presented with the first sign on screen, I click on sign in, log in, whatever it is. This returns the same screen, slightly smaller (it has been in German once), I click on sign on again, then FireFox fills in the password. Click sign on one last time. Your in. Patience and three clicks, does it for me.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 22 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

This link to the old screen worked!! Thanks so much! I know you are right though. One day it will be gone for good!
Message 23 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

That used to work for me until yesterday. I hope it keeps working for you. If not, you should have luck with the link to the old (smaller without the Facebook option) screen. Good luck to you and everyone else with this problem!
Message 24 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

@reachstars

Glad to hear it helped!

Hopefully whatever is causing the new sign-in to have problems will be resolved before the old one goes away completely.

Message 25 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

My problem with the new sign on screen was it wouldn't play nice with Firefox's password manager. I'd have to click sign in 2 or 3 times before it would autocomplete. Thanks to eburtonlab, I came up with this link which works on the first try, https://www.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn
Message 26 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

Sign in with your email
Message 27 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

Yes. I have the same issue. I can sign in but the purchase history does not show that i bought anything. I even called but no solution yet
Message 28 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

@terrry_0

That sounds like a different issue -- you can sign in, but when you do you don't see your purchases.

Is it possible that you made your purchases as a guest (not signed in)?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Commonly-Asked-Questions/I-bought-an-item-as-a-guest-is-there-any-way-...

Message 29 of 114
latest reply

SIGN IN ISSUES

Hi , am alma when I sign in to ebay everything is fine , from morning am trying to put some new stuff , when I put it in and touch go , it block me out , am a new user I should be treated better . Thank happy New year

Message 30 of 114
latest reply