cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Total button says it was sent to seller but was not

The "Request total" messaging seems to be broken. A seller I buy from every month and routinely send requests for combined shipping invoices are not being sent. Normally I get a message in myebay and an email, and the invoice the following day after the request is sent. Over the past 2 days I sent the request 3 times with the green banner showing it was sent but noticed I received no messages, emails, or the updated invoice. Finally today I sent them a regular message this afternoon and will hopefully get the invoice by monday since they are closed on fridays. They allow me 3 weeks to pay from the date I won my first item so the time frame is not a problem, I wanted to pay today though.Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 12-55-38 Request total to seller.png

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Obviously this is not an isolated issue since I'm beginning to see others post about this issue. I've tried clearing cookies and different browsers and nothing helps. This is clearly another ebay glitch.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hey devon@ebay - do you see any open tickets on this? A site wide ALERT number buyers can reference when contacting CS?

To @campanaelia and @lou2cat who posted about the problem here:

So far yours are the only 2 reports I'm seeing, and I successfully received an invoice request from a buyer yesterday, so I'm assuming this isn't widespread.

Contact customer service to report the issue. You can use the call back or the chat (type agent in chat box for live agent) options found on the left side of this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey devon@ebay - do you see any open tickets on this? A site wide ALERT number buyers can reference when contacting CS?

To @campanaelia and @lou2cat who posted about the problem here:

So far yours are the only 2 reports I'm seeing, and I successfully received an invoice request from a buyer yesterday, so I'm assuming this isn't widespread.

Contact customer service to report the issue. You can use the call back or the chat (type agent in chat box for live agent) options found on the left side of this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Hey @wastingtime101! As of this morning I have not seen any sitewide tickets open for this. Just as you recommend, anyone that is experiencing this to go ahead and reach out to customer support to have a ticket for their account open to look into it.

Devon,
eBay
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hello!

Are you able to send that link in another format? I found this post because I was also experiencing this issue (seller confirmed in a message they did not receive any of my invoice requests over the last week) but the link you quoted took me to the generic support page and the automated assistant has no ability to submit a site issue 

Thank you

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I apologize, I meant to tag you in my previous reply, thanks and sorry for that.

Rookie mistake.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

To tag someone @cptnginyu type the @ symbol first.

The link I provided has a chat option on the left side of the page (eBay removed the phone option). When you open the chat box with the automated assistant, type the word agent in the chat box to get a live rep. It will work as long as live reps are available at the time/day you're accessing the page.

You can also send a DM on social media if you prefer. The social CS option is sometimes preferable for reporting tech issues because you have the ability to add screenshots. (That may not be necessary in this case.)

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply