cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoting an item does not use my percent

After fixing the ground advantage issue, I started relisting.

After listing I went in seller hub / promo items / selected the last page /  promoted at 2 percent.  The did the first page at 2 percent.  Fixed rate.

More than 1/2 of the items promoted at 13.6 per cent -- even higher that was originally recommended.

When I attempted to edit to 2%, it never let me change it the first try.  Or the second try. or the third try.

So I gave up, cancelled all the items, and am relisting them without promotion.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Promoting an item does not use my percent

Are you using fixed rate or dynamic? Fixed will stay the rate you put dynamic adjusts automatically to eBays daily suggestion. To fix it you don’t need to end your listings.

Go to your marketing tab in your seller hub. Click it to show the menu select Promotion Dashboard. Next click edit on your promotion campaign.  In the next page you can edit your promotion rates don’t forget to click update. 

IMG_0770.jpeg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Promoting an item does not use my percent

It is a fixed rate. 

I created two campaigns - one for fixed 2% and one for fixed 3%.

seller hub/promoted listings eligible/click the bubble/select an item to promote/hit the blue button

The screen comes up "fixed ad rate" already selected

Suggested rate is 13.6%.  I change it to 2.  Select campaign.    Hit promote.  It works.

Now I do the next item.

Screen come up "fixed ad rate" already selected.

Suggested Rate is 13.6%.  I change it to 2.

I cannot change the campaign, the bubble is grayed out.

If I hit promote, the promoted rate is the 13.6% originally suggested.  It does not take my 2% change and it does not let me select the campaign.

Once it is 13.6% it will not let me change it.  The only thing I can do is delete the listing.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply