cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Pay Now

Hello, I made an offer. It was accepted. When I go to checkout and hit the pay now tab, I get an error message, "Something went wrong. Please try checkout again." I have tried the ebay app and desktop site on Chrome browser. Cleared caches on both.  The error remains. I am reporting this as a technical issue. Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone tell me when it will be resolved.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Problem with Pay Now

Having the same issue paying for item hit pay now button it goes to check out and I choose to pay with  Paypal but crashes on way back to Ebay after setting up payment. Called Paypal no issues called Ebay was told they are having reports from customers with checkout issues and  not completing.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Problem with Pay Now

I was just able to complete checkout and successfully pay with PayPal using Chrome version 115.0.5790.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Windows 10 machine. Not an offer, though.

If you still have problems, try using a different browser to see if that makes any difference. If you are able to complete payment using a different browser, try temporarily disabling add-ons in Chrome, or see if there is a browser update for Chrome available.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Problem with Pay Now

I have had many customers complaining about this over the past 12 months. It's an on and off problem, comes and goes. Try waiting a day.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Problem with Pay Now

You're not alone. I am having a very similar problem, the same as described here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Can-t-pay-for-Item-repeated-CAPTCHA-Security-Measure-Chec...

That makes at least three of us.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply