cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal payment processed normally at checkout then vanished like it never happened

I made a payment about 30 minutes ago for  6 items I won from the same seller. The total was $14.14. The paypal payment at checkout looked like it processed normally and it showed the blue banner telling me the order has been placed. After about 10 minutes I noticed the same items showed awaiting payment still. I checked at PP and I don't see the payment there either. I then cleared my PP cookies and attempted to pay again and get an error at checkout. The item needs to be paid by 7:47am today or it will be cancelled as an unpaid item due to the UPI assisstant 96 hours cancellation. PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Paypal payment processed normally at checkout then vanished like it never happened

OK, so to follow up I ended up using a different card to pay for the items on time. I then called my bank this morning and they said when the first payment was attempted the card was blocked, not sure why for only $15 and this card is always used for paypal ebay purchases. Anyway, everything is back to normal and I was able to pay for another item this morning with that card no problem.

I'm still not sure why I didn't get the red error message at checkout when the card was initially blocked. Instead the checkout page showed me the blue banner as if the payment was completed normally, that's what led to my confusion.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply